What are you doing here?

The morning came around and jay not only woke up to his alarm sounding at 7am, he woke up to the sound of plates in the kitchen. Fairly confused he got up and made his way into the living area to see Rose making breakfast for them both, "hey you, what're you doing?" He said making his way over to join her, "oh good morning, making breakfast, you want two slices of bacon or three?" she said happily. "I'll have 3 please, but you do realise you don't have to cook anymore, I'm not like him" he said making sure she knew he wasn't going to treat her like the scum of the earth. "I know, just thought I'd make it for you since you have work" she said smiling at him as she pushed his breakfast in front of him, "how'd you know?" he said suspiciously, she was like a spy. "The calendar on the fridge..." she said before moving out of the way so he could see it, "ohhhhhhh that makes sense" he said sounding like a complete idiot. "You got school today? I'll drop you off." He said not offering a debate. "Yeah I got school, but I can walk don't worry" she said before sitting next to him to eat her food too. "No I'm dropping you off, I drive by that way to get to work anyways, so I'm taking you" he said finishing that debate, "okay, I'll go change now then" she said smiling and left to go to her room after putting her plate in the sink. She changed into something casual but she didn't really have much of an option since she wore the same 5 or 6 outfits every week.

         Since it was school and they had a dress code she made sure she was covered up but comfy too, she grabbed her school bag and phone then joined jay back in the living area, "you ready?" He said looking at her smiling, "you bet" she said sk...

Since it was school and they had a dress code she made sure she was covered up but comfy too, she grabbed her school bag and phone then joined jay back in the living area, "you ready?" He said looking at her smiling, "you bet" she said skipping out the door.
Jay pulled into the drop off zone at school and rose hopped out the car before grabbing her bag, "see you later!" She shouted as he drove off waving to go to work. She joined her friend ava like she always did in front of the school sign, "thanks for agreeing to cover for me the other day" she said giving her a hug. "Any time, but why didn't you tell me you have a twin?!" ava said while linking her arm around rose's. "I don't, that's my older brother jay. I live with him now" she said laughing since everyone said they looked like twins. "That's great!" Ava said before they walked into the school halls and over to their lockers. "So there's a party this weekend, are you coming?" Ava said gently punching rose's arm. Rose smiled but she felt on the fence about it, "I don't know Ava, after last time I think parties just ain't my thing?" She said with her voice trailing off at the end. "Oh come on, you can't just quit going to parties because of some creep" Ava tried to persuade her, Rose laughed slightly, "i don't know, I'll think about it". The bell rang for them to go to their first period and since they were both in English they walked to class together, "yeah think about it" Ava said before she sat down in her seat next to rose.
Rose was grateful to have Ava as a friend even if she was a rebel and a bit wild, the time dragged in until it got to lunch. Since Rose and Ava were in different science classes they met up again in the cafeteria, "you're day as boring as mine?" Rose said trying to make small talk as the cue for food got smaller, "duh, school was made to bore us to death remember?" Rose laughed, they were best friends because they had the same interests and humour. They both got a salad and sat down at a spare table, they were about to start eating their lunch when the schools speaker system sounded:
*ding ding ding*
Principal: "hello students, I hope you're having a wonderful day of learning and making memories!"
The whole cafeteria moaned at the thought of school
Principal: "I have some good and bad news for you today... firstly, the good news is that the track team will now be able to start training again!"
There was a few cheers from the sporty tables
Principal: "now the bad news, the schools electricity has just been cut out...now unfortunately it won't be fixed until tomorrow morning, so what I'm saying is school will be cancelled for the remainder of today. If you would like to arrange your rides home, you're free to leave at any time! Enjoy your free day students, we will see you bright and early again tomorrow morning"
The whole cafeteria erupted into excitement and everyone got up to leave, Ava and Rose grabbed their salads and made their way outside. "My mom can give you a ride home if you want?" Ava offered. "Uh thanks for the offer but my brothers at work" Rose said slightly disappointed, "we can drop you off at his work place if you want?" She offered Instead. Rose's face lit up at the idea of going to visit her brothers work friends, "yeah actually that'd be great!" Rose accepted the final offer. They both waited for a few moments before avas mom pulled up in the pick up zone, "hey kids, why you out of school?" She asked confused, both of them hopped into the back of the car and explained. "Power cut" Ava summed up. "Oh and can you take Rose to her brothers work?" Ava added, "sure sweetie, where does he work?" Avas mom asked her, she loved avas mom and she treat her like family, "the 21st district" Ava looked at rose in shock, "he's a police officer?!" She squealed, Rose smiled and nodded as avas mom started to drive to his location, "that's cool" they both giggled. 5 minutes passed and they had arrived at the station, "thank you so much, I'll call you later ava!" Rose said before jumping out the car and waving them off.
She turned around to look at the stairs of the building before taking a deep breath, she walked into the reception area downstairs when a slightly older female officer noticed her, "hey kid how can I help?" She smiled and asked. "Hi, I'm looking for jay halstead?" Rose said shyly, "yeah sure I'll go get him, take a seat on the bench over there" she did as the desk lady told her and she waited for jay to come down. A minute passed and the female officer, who jay had just called Trudy, came back downstairs with him. "Here you go kiddo" she said before smiling and leaving them alone. Jay pulled Rose aside with a worried manner, "erm why aren't you in school? And what are you doing here?" He said frantically. "Uh there was a power cut and we all got sent home so avas mom dropped me off her since I didn't know where else to go..." she explained matching his energy. He calmed down and sighed, "no you did the right thing, come on I'll take you up to the bull pen, it's safer up there with the rest of the team" he said before guiding her upstairs and into an office like area. But before they got to the top of the stairs he whispered quietly, "by the way they don't know yet, so looks like they're about to find out" she nodded quickly and they continued walking up the stairs.
"Hey, he's back guys" adam shouted to the rest of the unit, "and he has someone with him" he added which made them all pay attention. Rose spotted hailey who was just smiling at her, she smiled back before looking around at everyone else. Silence. Even Hank had made his way out to see who she was, "is this Rose?" Hank asked noticing the two look very much alike which is why jay probably freaked out when he met her. "Yeah sarge this is rose..." jay went to say her last name until rose cut him off, "Rose Halstead" she finished his sentence for him smiling widely. They all just looked around at each other in complete shock, Hank looked at hailey who obviously already knew and just laughed. "Welcome to the intelligence family kiddo" Hank said opening his arms out for a hug as he walked towards her. She accepted his offer and hugged him back; the whole unit minus hailey was still just staring in shock. "There's another one?!" Adam blurted out uncontrollably. Everyone laughed but they were still waiting for an explanation, "you have a kid?!" Adam blurted out again which made Rose burst out into hysterics. "He's funny, I like him" Rose said to jay before pointing to Adam which made them all laugh, even Hank. "No Adam he doesn't have a kid, they look like twins, it's obviously his sister" Kim stated the obvious. Adam just stared at rose and mouth 'ohhhhhhh' before laughing.
Jay didn't even need to explain further since Kim summed it up, he just pointed to Kim and nodded. "Welcome to the unit dawg" Kevin said, Rose smiled at him liking his energy. "Anyways, the break rooms over there if you wanna do your homework or something" jay pointed to a room at the end up the office, "okie dokie" she smiled and headed over there. "She living with you?" Vanessa asked jay quietly, he just smiled and nodded back proudly. She smiled and nodded in approval.
The unit were still in shock but they had gone back to doing their work, Hank explained the new case and they were busy working away.