You didnt know

Will left the two detectives, one being his brother, to talk in private with rose. He didn't leave however, he just waited outside looking into the room from the other side of the glass. He was hesitant to leave since she had only just woken up, reliving her memories could put her into a state of shock and she could fall into a seizure or coma given she was still recovering from hypothermia. He wasn't really keen on the two detectives interviewing her at this stage but he knew that if they didn't there would be an ER room full of OD victims tomorrow when the monster strikes again.
"Hi rose, I'm detective jay Halstead and this is my partner hailey upton, is it okay if we ask you a few questions about how this happened?", he gently asked her trying not to scare her, he wasn't really asking he was suggesting it was in her interest that she did since they did catch her on CCTV leaving with the monster. "Yeah sure come in" she agreed, she sounded so innocent but she knew she had to tell her side of the story since what they should've seen so far looked suspicious and not so much in her favour. "So uh I'm guessing you saw me leave with Carlos" she frowned and admitted before they could even ask her their first question, jay and hailey both shot each other confused looks as his name isn't Carlos. "Carlos? Is that what he told you his name was?" Hailey piped up. "Uh yeah why? He told me his name was Carlos Damien. Is something wrong?" Both detectives just looked at each other with the son of b*tch eyes before jay informed her, "yeah rose, his name isn't Carlos, it's Ramirez and he's caused 3 teenage OD victims from the same party you were at." Rose just stared off into the distance with tears forming in the corner of her eyes, "that's why we need your help to try and catch him" jay tried to make her feel like her input would help them because the truth is, it would.
Rose looked back over to the detectives with her glassy green eyes, "what do you need to know" she whispered preparing herself to remember everything. "First things first, how did you meet him?" Hailey started off easy, "well I arrived at the party after everyone else and I walked over to the kitchen to grab a cup of punch" she took a deep breath, "and uh as I went to scoop some into my cup I felt a pair of hands grab my arms, I looked up to see Carlos, I mean uh Ramirez, holding onto my arms smiling at me" jay flashed her a sympathetic smile to let her know she was doing great. "I tried to get out of his grasp but he wouldn't let go" she raised her arms to show the hand prints on both of her arms. Hailey looked over at jay knowing there was more to her story than just leaving with a drug dealer. "He was about to take me somewhere until one of my friends walked over and pushed him away from me, so uh I guess that's when I first met him" she finished up trying to keep it short. "That's really good rose, did you see where he went to when he let go of you?" She tried to move her away from that interaction, "oh yeah um he walked over to some kid, a young boy. I think he looked around 12 or 13 I'm not sure but he wasn't much younger than me." She said hoping it would help, "Erm they were in a bathroom talking then Ramirez handed him something, I'm not sure what though, looked like a small bag" jay straightened in his chair knowing she was onto something. "Hey you're doing amazing, just a few more questions then we will let you rest" hailey reassured her.
"Did you see him with anyone else while you were at the party?" she hoped the questions would trigger some memory and she could help. "Yeah I seen him most the night actually, maybe I'm just being paranoid but it felt like he was following me around, I saw him with a few girls here and there doing the same as he did with the boy, handed them something. Then uh I left to go to the upstairs bathroom to freshen up, I wanted to get away from him since he was quite scary to look at" she said with tears forming in her eyes again. Jay knew something was wrong, "did anything happen? You can tell us, we're here to help you." He soothed down to a gentle whisper. "Uh no, no he didn't do anything to me while I was upstairs if that's what you're asking" jay relaxed a bit. "Erm I turned to close the door and he was stood behind me, he didn't try and follow me into the bathroom or anything but he just stood there staring at me" she explained "I stayed in the bathroom for a while because I could see his shadow under the door, I stayed until he left. I think I was in there for around 15 minutes I'm not sure my phone was down stairs." She tried to explain in detail since she didn't know what they wanted to hear. Jay just shot hailey a look as they knew this next part of the story very briefly. "So uh as soon as he left I ran downstairs and I headed for my jacket, I checked the time and it was around 3 am, I felt someone behind me so I turned around to see my friend Ava. I must've snapped at her or something because she seemed offended, I apologised thinking she was just there to tell me she was leaving, she was leaving but before she said that she told me Carlos, uh Ramirez I mean, was looking for me." Jay just looked down trying to hide his sadness.
"That's when I walked over to him by the back door, I told him to f*ck off since I was annoyed that he ruined my night, he didn't take my attitude lightly and he told me to follow him into the alley outside, said there was some kid who needed help." She looked down knowing they were both staring at her, "um I know I was stupid to follow him out the door but I was just thinking about helping the kid." She added sounding fairly apologetic. "Hey, hey it's okay you were just being helpful, you did the right thing you didn't know" jay reassured her. "Thanks, uh that's when I walked into the alley with him, I was looking around for this kid he told me about but then I realised he played me and there was no kid. Before I could shout at him he pushed me to the floor and hit me over the head with the shovel next to me, I tried to reach for it before him but I guess he won. And that's all I can remember, I must've been there for some time I guess. I tried to get up and move out of the rain but I couldn't, I just fell asleep, now I'm here" she said with tears escaping down her cheek.