Chapter 16: Kunsol

Start from the beginning

Behind him, Hansol scoffed. "Must you always insult me in some way?", the older one whined. Kun, who was checking Hansol for any injuries, chuckled, receiving attention from Hansol who gave him a warm smile.

Renjun looked at the teenager approving of the comment. "I'm Renjun and these are my partners Jeno and Jaemin" He pointed at the two tall boys beside him and then at the toddler. "and this is Minjae"

After that, they ate lunch making sure that Renjun was far away from Hansol at all times. Jeno and Jaemin were much nicer to Hansol, but still quite cold with him. Jian, however, fully used to almost everyone glaring at his dad, made comments to remove the awkwardness. For example, right now Renjun was full-on glaring at Hansol.

"So Hansol, I suppose you changed or did something good to end up here?" Renjun asked as he stabbed his steak making them all flinch, especially Hansol.

"The poor steak, what did it ever do to you?", Jian commented making everyone turn to him.

"Just trying to diffuse the tension", he said as he took a sip of his drink

Then Jian managed to change the subject of conversation to him and Renjun. They talked about hobbies and just random stuff keeping the conversations away from Hansol, who was feeling guilty. After eating, Jian took Renjun to his room so they could talk some more while Jeno, Jaemin, Minjae, Hansol, and Kun stayed in the living room.

Making sure that the door was closed and secure, Jian turned to Renjun. "Look, I know you must hate Hansol, but give him a chance! It's clear that he loves Kun and it doesn't only go one way. Kun also loves Hansol"

Renjun scoffed in disbelief. "do you even know what happened between the two"

"Yup, but DO YOU know what happened between the two?", Jian retorted.

"of course, I was there"

"no, you know the story from Kun's side but do you know it from Hansol's", Jian said and Renjun stayed quiet, "that's what I thought"

"So I suppose you know everything", Renjun said. Jian nodded knowing very well that he did not. What was Jian doing? he knew nothing except for some things that Kangmi had told him.

"Of course, I'll call Hansol so he tells you personally! trust me on this", he said and called Hansol into the room. Hansol was confused, to say the least as to why he was called. "mind telling us your side of the story"

Hansol was confused at first but then realized what they were asking and what would he lose by telling them everything. It might even soften Renjun. "well this will be long, take a seat"

Hansol told them everything, from the start to the end which made Renjun slowly sympathize with him. On the other hand, Jian felt like he was hearing some kind of book drama and found himself making comments. Once he was done, the two siblings looked at each other shocked. Even though the story sounded fake, they could tell it was real by how sincere Hansol was and the proof that Hansol showed them.

For the next two days, Jian got to meet Chenle and Yangyang, who were both funny and fun to be with. Both were a lot nicer to Hansol than Renjun had been. Mostly because Yangyang wasn't as aware of everything as Chenle and Renjun were, but Chenle had talked to Renjun before going to the apartment. Overall, his other two siblings were more fun and less threatening than Renjun.

THURSDAY

"Tell me why" Jian sang as he, Yangyang, Renjun, and Chenle walked to the park.

"Ain't nothin' but a heartache" Yangyang completed the next lyrics and Jian sang again. "Tell me why"

"Ain't nothin' but a mistake" This time Chenle completed the lyrics, and again Jian sang the next part. "Tell me why"

"I never wanna hear you say", Renjun sang with his angelic voice and the final line they sang together, "I want it that way"

Finally, they found a place to have their picnic, yes they would be having a picnic. The basket that was being carried by Jian, who was the strongest of the four, was placed on the floor and they started to fix their little spot. Chenle and Yangyang placed the blanket while Jian and Renjun placed some pillows that they brought on top of the blanket. Then they took out the food that Kun had packed for them.

Jian connected his phone to the Bluetooth speaker he brought and played music, while the other three placed the food on top of the blanket. There were strawberries and bananas covered with chocolate, watermelon and different fruits cut into pieces, sandwiches, gimbap, juices, sodas, a cake, forks, and a variety of candies.

"Kun hyung outdid himself with this" Yangyang commented as he looked at all the food.

"he's the best", Jian said as he ate some gummy worms. "want some?" He offered his siblings who all gladly took some of the gummies.

They ate everything as they talked about their lives, occasionally sang to the music, talked about random things, and played games to see who got the last piece of a certain food. Jian and Chenle almost got into a physical fight over the last strawberry covered in chocolate. Yangyang choked on his gimbap when they mentioned Hendery and Xiaojun. Renjun accidentally hit a stranger in the face with a gumball who turned out to be Josh. Of course, he apologized and once they were done with everything, they felt extremely full and would surely have a sugar rush. However, before they even could feel any energy come into them a certain topic was brought up.

"So Kun and Hansol, what's up with them?" Chenle asked since Renjun had only given him an overview of the situation but he wanted to know everything.

Renjun and Jian looked at each other as if communicating with their eyes. Finally, both agreed to tell everything. To say the least, the reaction of the other two was priceless.

"What kind of movie drama is that?" Yangyang exclaimed and Jian agreed. The story was out of this world.

"what the fuck? how..? damn that makes me angry..you mean to tell me that we could have had Kunsol for a long time... but that bitch", Chenle exclaimed with an angry expression. He felt angry because he saw his ge sad for so long only to find out that...ugh it just made him so angry. "no doubt I'm throwing hands the moment I see her"

"I forgave Hansol but he better not screw up again", Renjun said and Jian beamed in excitement because that meant that he could get help.

"That is wonderful! Now that we established that, how about you three help with my 'let's get Kunsol back together' plan", Jian said and his three looked at him curiously. Needless to say, they spent the rest of the day planning how to get Kun and Hansol back together.

The next day, again they met at the park. This time, however, they played soccer and basketball all day long since they had promised Jian the day before that they would play with him. Chenle being a god at basketball and Jian being the best at soccer they teased the other two about their playing skills. Although, Yangyang wasn't that bad as he wasn't that far behind Chenle and Jian from skills. Renjun, however, kept complaining about how hard it was but never really gave up on playing. Actually, at some point, he just sat down and watched them play.

But what was important was that they bonded as siblings, getting to know each other and also coming up with nicknames for each other. Each became more and more comfortable with each other as the day went on. Jian took his position as the maknae very well and teased his older siblings, Renjun became the responsible sibling who made sure his other siblings were okay, Yangyang was the nice sibling that made sure that everyone was happy, and Chenle was bullying the other two alongside Jian. However, the thing that brought them together the most was the fact that they all spoke Chinese.

They were some combination of siblings.

..................................................................................................................................................................

I promise you'll get to know Kunsol's story at some point..:)

~Rose🌹 <3