Code of Conflict Part 1

Start from the beginning

"I agree with Marauder, we've done well for ourselves as far as numbers, but you've said more than once that we are going to take on the world. I would like to have some compensation on that promise, especially since our proper introduction to the people fell through with the Champions," Ursa said fearfully.

"I understand all of your concerns, but I've been waiting for the right moment to take stock of our resources. And I think now is the perfect time to enter the next stage of our movement," Mr. Masters said calmly. 

"How so?" Marauder replied.

"This new year has brought many complications and awareness of what potential havoc Helixes can unleash. And to that end, the government is pouring nearly effort into the study of them. I'm sure you can relate to what type of people would be most interested in Mr. Lee."

"I can, wasn't exactly pretty."

"Yes, and unfortunately, there are plenty of Helixes like you who didn't have my intervention. Through my contacts, I've learned that across the world, governments have been stockpiling helixes, reforming their greatest prisons into research facilities specifically designed to hold them. For America, I know that the facility is Area 51, and the research they do is less than legal, with prisoners that may be less than guilty. If this experimentation is successful, I imagine America will do what it always does best, monopolize and weaponize until we have an arsenal of antihelix weaponry raining down our necks. Or worse, the first step in a monopoly that would soon become a helix arms race, replacing guns and bombs with spandex and mutation."

"Wouldn't exactly be the worst idea in hindsight; I would feel a lot better about dealing with my faction if I had some insurance," Scale said shrewdly.

"That may be the case, Mrs.Williams, but I find that this endeavor could better serve ourselves than the people. Our coming out may have been ruined by the Champions, but if the 8 of us do this right, then that failure won't matter. Because if we can raid Area 51 and weave our tail in this chaotic time, we may have new allies inside and outside of this incident."

The idea hung in the air like a warm sun. As if this crazy plan would be our ticket to heaven, but even that didn't stop the questions.

"That's a nice plan in all, but it's not like we all have the cleanest of records. Our fame can turn to infamy real quick," Scale said negatively.

"I don't give a crap about that. This sounds exciting!" Rebound said happily.

"When are we shipping out?" Marauder said reluctantly. 

"Seven days is all we'll need to have the preparations accounted for, and don't worry Mrs. Williams if I learned anything from my years of experience, people are a lot easier to fool you think," he said as the boss started to explain his plan.

And as he started to go on, I prepared myself to give it mine very all. Because these past few months have taught me a vital lesson, they taught me about hunger better than starvation ever did, and I promised myself after reaching a rock bottom that I would never get hungry again.

6 Days Ago

Gyro/Jay Quick POV

"I don't like it," I said as Jane spotted me in my numerous lifts.

"How so, considering the danger, I thought you would stay far away from the action. Like path of least resistance/ I'm above all of that kinda thing."

" You and I both know that's a damn lie. I only take the easy streak because that's what gets you out Scott free. You get caught this time, and I don't know if I can save you."

Before I could continue, two light blue barriers suspended themselves on the opposite sides of the weights, stopping my progress. 

"I can handle myself just fine," she said as the platforms started to multiply into mini cubes that held the barbell in place. 

"I know that better than anyone; you were the one who made the Lessors after all. The one who constantly watching over both of our backs," I said admirably.  

"We made the Lessors Jay, and we wouldn't have gotten half as far as we did without that easy streak of yours making the right plays. But I think we don't need to worry now," she said thoughtfully.  

"Not worrying was how we slipped up in the first place," I replied blatantly. 

"Because we were cocky then, and I think now we're ready to live up to the bar we've set," she said as she let the barbell fall. 

At that moment, my body wildly gyrated into a small ball of kinetic energy, shredding the barbell with ease. Upon my reemergence, I gave an accepting smile.

"I guess it is about time that you finally made a good joke."

At that moment, my stone cold partner in crime grew a smile only I could pick up. The type of smile that I've seen for almost my entire life. A smile that I was hoping to see plenty of times when all of this was said done. Because I wanted to live the path of least resistance, even if it means that I have to work like hell to get it, and it would all be meaningless if my partner weren't here to flow along that path with me.

Marauder/Yamato Lee Pov

The good news about running your gang? You never really have to deal with people. I know every single name of every single person in my employ, and yet I still couldn't register a single one of them. Because they genuinely were nothing more than living, breathing, bleeding tools on my path to freedom. The other Crusaders weren't much different from this distinction, a cue that Mr.Masters that I can sympathize with. Unlike them, Ursa and I ruled with all the fear and power that came with an iron fist, handing over the regions to only a select few. For me, that select few came in the form of my lieutenant, QuickDraw. She was a blond Vietnamese woman with a large x like scar on her cheek with a sword sheathed. Despite her slightly chubby frame, she was by far the strongest helix in here, which is why she was the first to fall when I came in. 

And from her defeat, I saw the same look that my parents gave me once they fell, an utter terror that made them submit to me completely. Now she was my most loyal lieutenant, a woman itching to kill but too afraid to ever take that last step, a living reminder of everything I used to be. But unfortunately, her time will never come, because now it was my turn. When I had finally cleared up all the arrangements, I had raised from my seat and left my room with one final proclamation to my servant.

"I have a business meeting to attend to for a few days, so hold down the fort. And if I see that even one thing is out of place by the time I get back, I'll remind you why I have more power in my pinkie then you'll have your entire life,"

Through gritted teeth, she wordlessly nodded her head agreeably as I walked out of my office, ready to make moves that will have this new world-shaking.