Chang Ying was lost for a second when she realised Su Jiaojiao was talking to her. This was the first time this woman even properly looked her way. In fact, Chang Ying did not have a good impression of this relative, and it was not farfetched to say Su Jiaojiao did not like her either.

"Yes, don't worry," Chang Ying gave a short, dry answer.

"Ah," Su Jiaojiao exclaimed with admiration. "You are so hard working, Chang Ying."

Chang Ying blinked a few times. Even a deaf man could tell that she was carrying way less than her family elders. She wondered if Su Jiaojiao was being sarcastic and mocking her.

Su Jiaojiao did not stop there. She even laid the butter thicker. "I hope my XiaoBo can get a good wife like his cousin too when he grows up. A girl that is filial and hard working like you is the ideal daughter-in-law."

Chang Ying wrinkled her brows. Since when had this woman changed her tune? Su Jiaojiao's act felt like oversweet nausea forced down her throat.

A few days ago, this Su Jiaojiao was at their gate loudly smearing her. Nowsh was trying to act pleasing to the eyes.

"Su Jiaojiao, why are you here for today?" Mo Yue asked her.

Su Jiaojiao smirked and with a flick of her wrists, gestured towards the girl following her. "I am standing in front of my house with my cousin's husband's niece. Is there anything wrong with that?"

Mo Yue clicked her tongue but she could not say anything to refute. "Whatever, do what you want."

"You should know this girl's family, they borrowed you some money one to your son fell sick a few years back?" Su Jiaojiao continued, not caring that Mo ye was no longer interested. Su Jiaojiao faced Chang Ying and said, "Oh, l forgot. This girl's family also lent out a lot of money to help Lu Chen pay his tuition. You should be nice to her, Chang Ying."

Chang Ying turned her attention to the girl beside Su Jiaojiao, curiously. The gilrl had a small, immature face kissed with golden freckles. Her short frame was full, rounded and pinched like a shrunken hourglass.

The girl greeted Mo Yue and Chang Ying. Grandpa Lu had already quietly withdrawn out of sight immediately he caught glimpse of Su Jiaojiao.

Mo Yue nodded politely toward the young girl, then turned back to Su Jiaojiao. She knew this woman was up to no good. At this point, their mutual distaste for each other was overflowing like the Yangtze river.

"Their family is very good. They even gave my husband a few jobs in town over the years. Today, this girl followed me to ask for a small favour."

"Favour?" Mo Yue ceased her brows together. "What can we possibly do for you?"

Their Lu family usually barely had any cash to help others out. Chang Ying's successful deal was strictly kept a secret within their family. So outsiders should have no reason to ask them for favours on regular days.

Su Jiaojiao laughed, her tone held a slight bit of mockery as she said, "Not telling, it's not your business."

Fortunately, Grandpa Lu had finished making small talk with the girl. He waved the girl goodbye and reminds her to send his greetings to her parents. Then they left and went towards their own home.

After they returned and dropped off the wood in the backyard.

Chang Ying dropped herself into the closest chair and watchedbon as the old man fluttered about the yard energetically. She almost felt ashamed. Their ages were decades apart and the old man still had more stamina than her.

After a while, Grandpa Lu counted off a few things they still needed to get before they could start. Luckily, they could borrow some tools and materials from other families in the village. The old man knew the village well but his vision could still be a problem. Since Mo Yue was home she insisted on following him out.

Chang Ying stood up again to follow them.

Mo Yue already saw how exhausted Chang Ying was. It was not easy to carry wood from the backwoods and trek back home, especially for someone unfamiliar with such tedious labour like Chang Ying. She insisted that Chang Ying stay home and wait for them. Then she escorted the old man and went out.

A few minutes after Mo Yue and Grandpa Lu left, there was a clatter of footsteps in the courtyard.

Chang Ying raised her head, expecting to see Mo Yue and the old man. Instead she saw their uninvited family relative had breached the Lu family courtyard again.

This time, Su Jiaojiao was accompanied by the girl that was with her earlier.

Su Jiaojiao's plastered a friendly grin on her and walked up to Chang Ying. "Chang Ying, you just married Lu Chen so you don't know. This is Xie Man. I brought her here to introduce you two."

Chang Ying was taken aback. Su Jiaojiao came to see her?

It was clear Mo Yue and Grandpa Lu were not home.

Su Jiaojiao had been just met them outside barely half an hour earlier. So Su Jiaojiao most likely came here for her. Chang Ying still stood up and exchanged greetings with the girl politely.

Chang Ying was fairly sure this was a ploy for her hens, or at the very least, payback for the embarrassment yesterday. But she still did not know what this new girl had to do with it. Chang Ying wondered if Su Jiaojiao planed to use the girl to sow discos between her and Lu Chen.

Otherwise, she could not think of any reason this stranger was here.