,, - boys like us ; zhongli

Start bij het begin

you stood up shakily, surprised that you had that energy to do so. you turned to face the shining sun of the land, and you glanced down into the school compound. below your eyes, there was the opening of the school entrance, and it seemed like the perfect place to...

just lie on.

carefully, one foot at a time, you placed it on the step. you hoisted yourself up, and pushed yourself up. you were now pressing your lower body against the railings while the upper part of your body was already about to fall over.

if i could just... fall...

what was the point anyway? not just the breakup, but everything. every. single. fucking. thing. your friends weren't even real friends anyway, and your family? pft, whats that. and your grades, they can be better off forgotten anyway. you didn't have anything anyway. so whats the issue with just dying right here right now and allowing yourself to just be... in peace?

besides, nobody cared. just do it.

go on.

do it.

just jump-

"dying over something like this seems pretty stupid isn't it?"

a soft voice stopped you from behind. you quickly turned around and slightly slipped, but then you quickly grabbed onto the rails for safety.

it was zhongli, and he smiled. "see? you don't even want to actually do it."

you turned your head away from him. he was the schools' most popular boy, and was also the school council president. you were sure he was here to reprimand you and bring you to the guidance counselor just because you were attempting something dangerous on school grounds.

you sighed. he was the last person you wanted to see right now. you wanted to be alone, and the fact that your uniform was disheveled and unkempt made the situation even worse.

"i'm... i'm sorry that my uniform.. is... is untidy..." you mumbled shakily as you were still sobbing really hard. your grip was shaking, and zhongli took notice that you were once again about to fall.

he sighed and took two long strides towards you and held your fragile body in his arms as he guided your hand to his. he held your waist and your hand and gently guided your feet back to the ground, all the while he kept his eyes on you just to keep you calm.

once your feet were both safely on the ground, he reached into his pocket and handed you a small handkerchief. "here, don't cry."

you shook your head as you had it down. you didn't have the courage to face someone as important as him. he was someone, unlike a pathetic person like you. who were you? who were you to even look at someone like him? you didn't deserve to even be helped by someone like him.

zhongli sighed. "y/n..." he then reached his hand down to tilt up your chin but you quickly pushed his hand away.

"n-no! don't... don't touch me.."

he quickly retorted his hand back in respect, and rubbed the back of his head. "my apologies, i shouldn't have done that, but please, take this and wipe your face.."