I'll Put Money On Her

The last time she was at this place it didn't exactly go well so let's hope this one goes better.

Emilie walked in with Harry. The place looked about the same as it had previously.

Harry introduced himself, "Hello, I'm Harry Beltik," he reached out to shake the hands of everyone there. When Emilie didn't say anything, Benny introduced her,

"This is Emilie Harmon," Emilie stayed silent but put her hand out to shake. They all took it, but one was a bit confused as he shook her hand.

"You're sister really smoked me," One commented.

"Me too," another chimed in. All of them sending Beth praise.

"Never seen someone find the solution to one of my problems so quickly," It was a tad disappointing to her that they all only talked about her sister but it's expected at this point.

"Ok-ok that's enough everyone," Benny said.

"She is really amazing. At least my face isn't too unfamiliar... cause I kind of look like Beth," she said awkwardly nodding.

They all echoed awkward approval. The one who was originally confused muttered something quietly to Benny, she couldn't understand the question but could hear the answer, "Yup, that's her," The man beside Benny looked a bit confused again, then his eyes went wide and pressed his lips together to suppress a smile.

The other boys in front of her were introduced shortly after. Danny Weiss. Hilton Wexler. And Grandmaster Arthur Levertov. She had the least experienced in the room by a long shot. Fun.

She was the least experienced in the room and the only girl. This would be fun. After introductions happened, they seemed to look to Benny who looked to Emilie.

"Well we all just got here to help Beth, but it's evening so do you guys want to get some food?"

This preposition got solid approval. Benny and his longer-haired friend went out to go get the take out, Harry tagged along to get better acquainted.

This left Emilie alone with two people she didn't really know. She kept to herself mostly during this time but one of them came up to her. The names and faces were so new and fresh she almost couldn't recall his name but she was 60% sure it was Danny Weiss.

"Hey Emilie, I just wanted to say I came to help but I'm only in town until Sunday," for reference it was Friday night, "I would really want to help Beth but I don't think there's much I could do,"

"Oh it's ok," she smiled at him and he walked back over to the other side of the room but inside her head, she was doing very simple math, 3-1=2. Now it was just her, Harry, Benny, and his two friends, not ideal. She thought to herself that she might want to try calling back Townes, or even the twins.

When everyone got back it was pretty calm and casual. Apparently, they ran into someone named Cleo on the way and brought her back with them. Having Cleo around was apparently quite the event because she had been in Paris mostly. They all sat down and started taking everything out, Harry seemed to fit in pretty well considering everything.

She tried to help how she could. Emilie went to get plates from the cupboards. Harry joked,

"Wow, Emilie you have plate finding powers,"

Emilie awkwardly laughed, she added, "Doesn't just apply to plates I guess," as she immediately reached into the right drawer to get silverware. The other woman in the room got up to help Emilie and introduced herself,

"I'm Cleo,"

"I know," said quickly because before she knew it she was receiving kisses on her cheeks, "I'm Emilie," she added.