Sita was still hiding her face; this Ram's description seemed very familiar. He seemed like the perfect prince. Never straying from the path of dharma, Sita wondered if there was an exception. Even her father would sometimes commit some mistake. He was a natural leader, just like she was to her sisters.

Urmila was glad to have finally heard who the mysterious people about whom Trivati would continue talking about were. Laksh seemed very similar to the boy from the hermitage. Short-tempered, tall, strong, but quiet, only talking when he had something necessary to say, and that was usually spoken in a funny way. But it couldn't be! Princes didn't go carrying around firewood. She felt a bit jealous that Trivati had gotten close enough to him to open his funny world up.

Mandavi, however, was feeling a bit angry. Where had she heard these names, she wished she could remember. Bharat was the exact opposite of her, she would admit silently, and so why did she feel so similar to him? Selfless, that was how Trivati said that they were alike. Interesting.

"You know, Laksh got a new horse a few days ago." Urmila and Shrutakirti leaned in, eager to hear about either one of the twins. "He named it "Mirch". It only listens to him, and tries to kill everyone else. It seems to be fine with Bharat feeding it however. Bharat is just so calm, radiates calmness. I just wish he were more outgoing." Mandavi felt herself feeling sorry for the prince. It must be hard, being surrounded by violence and expectations.

"You know, Laksh and Shatru gave me this." she held up a small wooden carving, and Urmila grabbed it jealously. It was so intricate, beautifully carved, and looked just like Trivati. She wished she had something like it. Or could at least meet the person who made it.

"Lakshman carved it." Trivati stated, and Urmila held onto it even more tight, although she didn't quite know why.

"The golden work on it is just beautiful, Tri." Shrutakirti complimented. Trivati nodded, taking it back and holding it as if it were the most precious thing in the world to her. "Shatrughan did that." Shrutakirti turned back to her pincushion, smiling. Perhaps this Shatrughan wasn't so bad after all, having some knowledge of the arts.

"Arey, Shruta!" cried Mandavi, chasing after the giggling sister. "Give me back my hair comb!" As Shrutakirti, holding tightly onto the intricate comb, ran past Urmila, Sita stopped her mid track, and held her hand out for the comb warningly.

"Ah, didi. You are so mean." Shrutikirti grumbled, handing her the comb. "It's an ugly comb anyways, Mandavi." She walked off frustratedly, leaving Urmila, Mandavi, and Sita there.

"I wonder what those princes Trivati is friends with are doing." wondered Urmila out loud, hoping that Trivati had told the princes about them as well.

She hadn't. "Arey, Shatru!" Laughing meanly, Shatrughan ran through the palace, being chased by an outraged Bharat. "Give me back my paint brushes!" Shatrughan turned around and stuck his tongue out, just as he passed Lakshman, who decided not to interfere, and was calmly brushing away wood chippings from his shoulders.

"Shatrughan," Ram stated warningly, standing in front of the youngest, holding his hand out for the paintbrushes. "Give Bharat back his stuff." Shatrughan pouted, but returned Bharat's prized possessions most reluctantly.

"Why didn't you help me, twin?" he asked Lakshman, who was calmly carving something out of wood. "We're blood brothers, you're supposed to help me!" he wailed, stomping a foot. "When I get a wife, she will help me get out of sticky situations." Bharat raised an eyebrow as Lakshman stood up.

"Accha. And what will you do for her, seeing as she'll be working day and night?" Lakshman asked, finally finishing his horse. Shatrughan thought about it for a moment, and then said very cleverly.

"I will detail all of her things with gold. I think my wifey will love that. You just have to carve everything for me." Lakshman snorted.

"Ah yes, good prince. Scary serpent chili-consuming Lakshman is at your service." Shatrughan froze, and smiled sheepishly. So, Lakshman had caught on. He was about to apologize, before being caught straight with a death glare. It would take ages to heal from a straight-on Laksh death glare.

Sita and Shrutakirti, the hopeless romantics, often dreamed about their prince, except neither of them knew exactly whom they were thinking about. Sita had put a face to him, dark skin and lotus shaped eyes, but she thought that such a person would not exist. Shrutakirti wanted a person who would be obedient and not mischievous, and yet still thought about the prince who had done the golden detail on Trivati's carving. Mandavi often thought about that shy boy from the hermitage whose name she couldn't quite remember. He seemed very nice, and would be a good friend. Mandavi just didn't know why she blushed when thinking about him. And Urmila wondered when Trivati would come back so she could steal that carving.

She really wanted someone to do something like that for her. Urmila was not a thief, she was just jealous of Trivati, to be friends with such a craftsman. And all four of those princes sounded like great fun, good people to frolic with. She wondered if the princes were the same boys from the hermitage often, but each time, her logical mind would shoot it down. Princes didn't carry around hundreds of logs like that tall, funny, quiet, handsome- no stop Urmila!

A/N- I have centered this chapter around the princesses, mostly. I love how Shrutakirti loves gold, and Shatrughan is particularly good with working with it. And of course, Urmila wants to take that little carving, her future husband made it, of course!

I'm planning to post every alternate day because this story is going too quick!

One thing I would like to ask is, should I incorporate jealousy? Part of me just wants to be happy and make it love at first sight, but another part of me thinks that jealousy should be added in the romance. By the way-the next transitional chapter is going to be in 3 or 4 chapters. Introducing...ROMAAAAAANCE. <3

Shoutout to: lakshmila4ardi  Thank you for the comments and replies!!!! 🎀