14 Baby Part 2

Reena was reading another parenting book while she was laid up on the couch of their new home.

She rubbed her hands down her body where her stomach had a very clear bump showing. She was around five months along.

She could hear the hum of their pool boy robot in the backyard as well as the landscape one.

She could also hear Marc's cussing as he tried to put the shelves up in one of the upstairs bedrooms. She would have gladly done it, but he was insisting that she not do anything. In his words, "I just want you to lay here and get fat".

She had started to cry at those words because she was already feeling puffy and gross. She had terrible morning sickness for weeks. Her back was hurting in weird spots. She could not imagine what the rest of the four months would be because she knew she was only gonna get larger.

She didn't know how Lisa did it when she had her son. She felt like she was out of body and out of control. The only thing was that Lisa didn't use her body in the same way she did. She was a trained combat specialist for the Heroics program while Lisa was a commercial airplane pilot.

Eventually she decided to go check on her husband who had gone suspiciously quiet. When she opened the door to their baby's bedroom, she found Marcus asleep on the floor. The parts for the crib were scattered around the room. The shelves were put up correctly though.

She debated whether or not she needed to wake him up and get him into bed or let him sleep on the floor. She gently pulled his glasses off and tucked them into her shirt collar. She then grabbed one of the blankets in the room and wrapped him up in it.

Maybe she'll make omelets for him. She wasn't a huge fan of omelets before, but now she ate them eight or nine times a week. She was sure she was even making Marcus sick of omelets.

***
Marcus woke up and rubbed his eyes. He quickly realized his glasses were gone. He used those in his down time because he used his contacts when he was fighting bad guys.

He popped his back when he got up and saw the blanket fall from his body. His wife must have come by to check up on him.

He smelled the aroma of cooking downstairs, so he made his way down to see his wife cooking omelets again for the week.

"Omelets again?" he teased as he wrapped his arms around his pregnant wife.

"I don't know what you're done to me," she pointed her spatula accusingly.

"I've shown you the value of an omelet," he poked her playfully.

"More like this one wants omelets," she poked her belly happily.

Marcus dropped to his knees and pressed his ear to her stomach in which she had to scoot back so that he wouldn't get burnt from the stovetop.

"I'm hearing a hungry tummy," he nodded, playing along.

Reena ran her hand through his hair lovingly.

When a beep went off, Marcus jumped up and turned the stove off.

"Oops. Saved the omelets," he grabbed the spatula from her hand and put the food on the plates nearby, "This is a nice kitchen."

"Definitely more room," she said and kissed his cheek.

"I was right on this house, wasn't I?" he wrapped an arm around his wife happily.

"Don't start," she lightly pushed him away.

Marcus grabbed some drinks and sat down at the table.

"I think I'll get the baby's room done this week or at least the crib," he said.

"You're moving fast, but maybe we should focus on what the team is gonna do when the baby gets here? We both can't be out, can we?" she asked him.

"Maybe we can? Tech-No will be back to work, right?" he suggested.

"True, but I got a phone call today that we might be short another Heroic," Reena grimaced.

She had wanted to wait to tell him because it wasn't a pretty story, and he was needing the rest earlier.

"What's wrong?" he saw the sullen look on her face.

"Vox is pregnant."

"That's great?"

"But Doug left her," Reena looked at him.

Marcus was instantly up.

"I'm slice that bastard in half," he growled.

"He didn't want to be a father," she continued.

"Bull! How could he do this to her!" Marcus left the table and grabbed his jacket.

"Where are you going?" she shouted after him.

"I'm gonna go skin Doug!" he slammed the front door behind him.

Reena clicked her com bracelet on.

"Get back in here right now! You know you can't do that!"

The line was silent.

"I'm not raising her by myself!"

The front door opened up again with Marcus's head sticking out.

"Do we know yet?" he asked.

"What?" she fibbed.

"I heard a 'her' unless I was wrong, and I know I'm wrong a lot, but I don't think I am this time," he came back through the door.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she lied.

"I told you it was a girl. You had a feeling, and it was right," Marcus grinned.

She got up and wrapped her arms around him.

"I'm so lucky to have you," she kissed him deeply.

***
Reena was sitting in her office at the Heroics base doing rescheduling issues. Since her and Marcus were both planning on being there for the baby and there for the team.

Marcus was somewhere across the city fighting basic robbers.

Vox was singing and recording music in her room. She was on leave at the moment too from field work.

Tech and Lisa were getting a checkup for their son who was showing signs of having powers. Apparently he had coughed and burped out fire. She really hoped her baby wasn't gonna do that.

Crushing Low was on leave at the moment as well because he was on his honeymoon with Chloe.

Red Lightning Fury and Crimson Legend were out fighting zombies across the country.

Blinding Fast was out with Miracle Guy in another city destroying aliens.

She felt back for Miracle because Abigail left him about a month back.

Invisi Girl was getting a wedding dress made today because she was marrying Tomas.

It was a whirlwind of change for them all. To think a few years ago, she was walking into the halls of this building with no idea why she was called there. Now she was married to her very loving husband and about ready to have a baby with him.

The phone rang next to her.

"Hello, Lavagirl? What's up?" she asked.

Their original married couple were back to ruling the seas and the volcanoes at the moment.

***
If you hadn't figured it out, I'm making the kids the ages as I saw them while watching the film and what I felt fit the story. I'm not using the ages of the actual children.