4

Marcus was astonished to see everyone working together.

Putting Miracle Guy and Red Lightning Fury in charge of finding Crimson Legend's weaknesses was pretty smart. Miracle was always trying to one up someone, and Red was always mad at him so they were more than eager to figure it out.

Reena and Tech-No were busy by the computer. They were scouring file after file for any information on that front.

Blinding Fast and Invisi Girl were going to labs to see if any of the creatures that they had defeated had any signatures or common elements to figure something out.

Sharkboy and Lavagirl were seeing if any fish had any information such as whereabouts.

Vox and Crushing Low were in the tunnels looking for clues there.

***
Reena was typing in the codes for the Spies software database.

"Wow, I didn't know you knew computers just as well as I did," Tech-No was surprised.

"Believe me, I don't. I'm just a decent hacker because I can see where all the holes are," she emphasized the see part.

"Oh yeah, you're some sort of super analyzer, aren't cha?"

"Kind of, I guess."

"Go ahead. Analyze me," Tech prompted.

"I'd rather not. I prefer reading my enemies more than my friends," she admitted.

Sometimes it comes in handy to know how to deal with people, but she was used to stepping on people's toes which most people didn't like. She understood that. Everyone wanted a bit of privacy in the moment.

"Come on," he baited, "We might need to figure out your weakness too. You still don't have a monster yet."

"And I might never get one. I'm normal. The person making them probably already knows this and passed over me if they even know I was there to begin with."

"Oh come on. Just this once," he persisted.

"Okay," she turned to look at him and really pay attention.

Tech gave her a cheeky grin.

"You're left knee is giving up on you. You have a problem trying to find ways to maximize fuel usage. That's why you're always falling out of the sky. You think fast but sometimes miss the obvious. You're having problems with Lisa aren't you?"

"How'd you know all that? Even about Lisa?"

She gave him a wry smile.

"I pay attention."

"Oh yeah. I bet anyone could have figured that out."

"True which is why I'm not really Heroic material.... but you've been limping on your left leg for a while now. You keep returning to your jet pack to find out another energy source but give up after a while and stop. Invisi Girl just saved you last week from a nasty fall. You missed the obvious because I may or may not have your wallet, and you checked your phone three times in the thirty minutes. The only person who calls you is Lisa," she smirked at him.

Tech patted himself down and realized his wallet was gone. He also checked his phone again to see if his girlfriend had called.

"Lucky break," he scoffed half heartedly.

Reena then pulled through some encrypted files.

"I've got something."

She popped up on screen a profile of a scientist called Dr. Romi Olgard. There were holes in the files which she quickly tried to fill in.