1

Reena Autumn was the newest member of the Heroics team. She was working with legends like Sharkboy and Lavagirl, whom had come into existence a few years ago from something called Planet Drool. Not to mention Vox, Blinding Fast, Invisi Girl, Crushing Low, Crimson Legend, Red Lightning Fury, Tech-No, and especially Miracle Guy. Her team leader was Marcus Moreno. He was a legend all to himself, and he didn't use any superhero name.

She on the other hand wasn't that super. She was like a super analyzer. It was thrilling to say the least. She wasn't entirely sure how she got recruited to the Heroics, but here she was nevertheless.

"How are you doing, Reena?" Marcus asked as he walked up to her.

"I'm doing well," she answered but kept inputing the codes into the computer.

The first thing she analyzed was his super cocky behavior. The next was that he seemed nervous.

"Why are you asking?"

"We're heading out on a mission, and I need to know if you're up to the task," Marcus stated.

"You want to know if I'm super enough for the job, but don't have anyone else to ask because everyone else is already out," she monotoned.

"No, no, of course not," he backpedaled hard.

"Where is it? What is it?" she asked.

She was a little busy rewriting the coding for the security software for the Spies program. Apparently there had been a hacker who warped the mainframe for a computer game and managed to get himself elected President. It was a big screw up on their part.

"Monster on the Plains of Kansas."

"What's the problem? You're Marcus Moreno you can handle anything," she raised her eyebrow.

"True, but I've been required to take a partner on this one," he let her know.

"So why would it bother you if I was super enough?" she asked knowingly.

"It doesn't," he arrogance growing.

Reena finished the new code inputs. She would need to come back and make sure the firewall was up to new standards, but she could wait on that.

"Fine, let's go."

***
Riding in a helicopter type of transport, Reena was waiting to see the new threat.

She wore a dark blue tight shirt with a hot pink leather jacket. She wore tight jeans and a utility belt with various everyday objects on them. She wasn't a tech genius like Tech-No, but it was good enough. She wore ragged sneakers that needed some repair at the moment.

"Are you sure you're equipped enough?" Marcus asked.

He was in his typical black top attire. He had twin swords strapped to his back with a black protective chest plate. He also wore protective arm braces. She noticed he had enough sense to have some form of protection on him.

"I'm sure I'm fine," she half heartily assured him.

She could read him like a book, well anyone, but he tried to so hard to be unreadable. It was laughable how open he was to her in retrospect.

He was already judging her on how little she was prepared and how much he would need to step in and save her. He was doing it because he was more than confident in his abilities, but he did also care about whether or not she got hurt. He did have a hero's heart underneath it after all.

He nodded at her like he didn't believe her, but they really didn't have any time for that because the big monster was in view.

It was a massive slimy beast with three horns on its heads. It had a long tail the size of two school buses. There were two massive arms with three claws on each side. It was currently crashing into the capitol building of Kansas.