My New Version Of Immortality

P  E  R  C  Y

I woke up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily. Calming down my breathing, I looked around to find a dark room. I immediately relaxed, thinking it was a nightmare.

But, a nightmare that vivid is bad news.

I could remember my nightmare. That fact made me shiver. It might've been nothing but a demigod's memory, but mine wasn't one so great; or it might have been a prophetic dream.

I didn't want to think about it. About Annabeth crying, claiming I cheated on her, then breaking up with me, leaving me heartbroken. About the gods saying that I was too strong to live, and throwing me into Tartarus. About finding out Kronos had reformed, and was rising yet again, about him bringing his scythe to my neck in an agonizingly slow manner, about me being cut, and me finally being able to make him fade permanently, using his own scythe, which I wrestled out of his hand when I felt my soul leaving my body slowly.

Yeah. As you can see, I made a lot of progress. Note the sarcasm.

I was shaken out of my reverie by a rumbling snore. I immediately shot out of my bed, and lost my balance, which led me to faceplant on the hardwood floor. Ugh. Just what I needed. A hard smack to my face, and a taste of hardwood (not the morning kind). I immediately scrambled up, reaching for Riptide in my pocket.

It wasn't there.

No, that couldn't be. I wasn't even supposed to be able to lose it. I searched everywhere I could see in the room, forgetting for a moment that snore, and yet I couldn't find it anywhere. And, in my hysterics, I hadn't noticed that the place seemed a bit different.

No, no, no. Not Riptide, please not Riptide. I couldn't afford lose it; it was the only thing that had always stayed by my side, through thick and thin. It was a part of me - the only sword that ever balanced in my hands perfectly(Hey, that rhymed.)(Not now, ADHD.). 

Tears fell from my eyes as I couldn't find my dear sword. They landed on my hand. I reached with my other hand to wipe it off absent-mindedly when I noticed something different - I didn't have the marks of a swordsman on my hand. My hand looked like it had never held one during all my life. When I began to look around closely, I noticed I felt shorter, and so did my hands and legs;  even the room was not Cabin Three.

It was not Cabin Three.

The idea sunk in soon. I racked my brains to try and recognize the place. It was familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on why - my memories of it must have faded, meaning it was before I knew I was a demigod... but when...?

Then, the same rumbling snore as earlier reached my ears, and my head snapped around to face it so fast I nearly cricked my neck.

Sleeping in the bed next to me, looking much younger, was my best friend, Grover Underwood. Looking at him sleep peacefully alongside me, it slowly dawned on me - I was back at Yancy Academy.

I had become a twelve-year-old again.

I smiled - a smile that was a mix of relief and sadism. My eyes gradually got the playfully murderous look in them that I had gotten while killing monsters all those years. The confident aura that proclaimed me leader returned to me, honed by a five-month-long training that lifted my skills in being a demigod by a humungous margin. All this while I confirmed one thing in my head.

I was gonna make sure I didn't make the same mistakes as last time.

I decided to take advantage of this time-travel. But then, I had a question - had all that been real? Had Annabeth really betrayed me? No, I doubt it, but I don't think I could see her in the same light.