Part 18

Seoul, December 28th

Joon was on the phone talking with Jungkook's dad about something when he heard the entrance door open and laughter filled their living room. Tae and Mina came over for lunch so Jinnie was very excited. The women immediately started chatting away leaving Tae somewhat dumbfounded, as he was left alone by the entrance. Joon joined his son after he ended the call, however seeing no trace of his wife, but hearing voices from the kitchen. "Son, have you made plans for new year's eve?" He asked as he took a seat on the sofa across from Tae.

"No. We didn't feel like going to a party this year so we will probably just stay at home. Do you and mom have plans?" 

"We are going to Busan. Jungkook's dad has been telling us to visit for years, and now we'll go. He told me his daughter is also back with her family so we get to see her too, after so many years, and meet his grandson. He asked if you two would want to come too."

"Us? You mean Mina and me? But we haven't met before, or at least I don't remember."

"Well you don't need to meet if you don't want to. Your mom and I will stay at a hotel since the Jeon house is now full. I thought that maybe you wanted to come for a trip, do some sightseeing. I heard that every year there are festivals, concerts and other events for the holidays in Busan. And this year even the year end festival will be held there."

Tae's face hardened a little by the mention of it, and he now understood the whole meaning of the Jeon house being full too. Yeah, they would be there too. Namjoon saw this along with his hesitation and felt a pang in his heart. It was difficult for him to see his kids argue, and even more them ignoring and avoiding each other. He thought everything would return back to normal a few weeks ago when Jinnie found the rest of her birthday presents from Y/N and Kook by accident, but no. Tae wouldn't take that as an excuse, as his sister was very rude to his beloved girlfriend. He expected her to apologize properly for her rude behavior that day, and refused to have anything to do with her until then. Namjoon didn't dare to tell him that the presents he got from him were actually from his sister, as he feared Tae would throw them away.

"Okay...I'll ask Mina." He reluctantly said, but almost regretted his answer when a female voice interrupted their conversation. "Ask me what?" The smiling girl sat down beside Tae, making him gesture to his dad to explain everything.

Surprisingly Mina's reaction was nothing like what either of the men expected. She seemed to be very excited at the mention of going to Busan, since she'd never been there before, and her joy only got bigger by the mention of the year end's festival. Her mood didn't change even when Tae told her about Pu.Re being at the festival, if not, she got more determined to go. Mina has bee telling Tae to make up with his sister so much, and now he would get the opportunity to do so. And she'd also get to see all those famous artists!

Tae was not daring to say any more, and so it was decided that all four of them would go. The tickets have already been reserved by mr. Jeon before, for all of them, as he and Joon hoped for exactly this outcome. The family was also invited to the new year's cocktail party that mr. Jeon's company would hold, so Jinnie and Mina did't waste any time before starting to plan their outfits. Jinnie had even made sure to check the pictures of the previous parties so that they would be dressed appropriately.

December 30th

Taehyung's place was loud as both his and Mina's parents came to visit for his birthday. They were chatting happily after dinner when the girl's mother asked Jinnie an unexpected question. "Won't Taehyung's sister join us today? After all it's his birthday and she's part of the family."

Jinnie was a little taken aback so Joon quickly answered instead of her. "His sister is out of town  because of work so she can't join us." Mina's mother was visibly not satisfied by the answer but her daughter quickly intervened and changed the topic to a happier one. After that the rest of the evening was going well, and the missing person was soon forgotten.