Chapter 8 : Who is this Uncle?

Arthit wakes up at 7 am as usual, takes a shower, wears his uniform, puts textbooks in his bag and goes down to eat for breakfast.

But there is one strange thing this morning, Avin seems scared and avoids him.  Arthit doesn't understand, usually Arthit feels threatened by Avin, today the opposite happened.

Everytime they eye met, fear radiated and Avin will avoid him as fast as possible.  Arthit shrugged, well ... everything would be calmer if not disturbed.

Arthit breakfasted in peace, without anyone bothering or scolding him.  It's one of the best mornings.

Glancing at his watch, Arthit remembered that Ice and Fri were going to pick him up today.  At 7.45, Arthit was waiting in front of the house.

Amor saw that Arthit had not yet gone to school even though Arthit had left 10 minutes ago, feeling suspicious, "Why haven't you gone to school?"

"I'm waiting for friends."

"Your friend's house around here?"

How stupid Arthit is, he doesn't even know where his friends house is.

"I don't know, but yesterday they said they were going to pick me up."

Amor glanced at his watch, it's almost 8 in the morning, the school gates will be closing soon.  "You can't wait anymore or you'll be late. Even Avin left early in the morning."

Arthit wanted to wait but what Amor said was true, it would be too late if he didn't go now.  Maybe they'll meet at school later.

Arthit said goodbye and went to school.

***

First class, Ice and Fri still haven't arrived.

Maybe they are late today.  Thought Arthit.

Until fourth lesson period, Fri and Ice still haven't come to make Arthit feel worried.

Are they sick?

I want to visit them after school but I don't know where their house is.

Arthit went through the day anxiously, all Arthit school was blocked by Toptap.  This man broke their relationship 2 weeks ago.

"What is wrong?"

"Can we talk Arthit?"

Arthit was shocked for a moment then returned to normal.  What talk about between them now?  Arthit laughed sad in his heart.

"I don't think there's anything to talk about."

"For me there is."  Toptap forced his will.

"All right, where are we going to talk?"

"Cafe XXX."

***

Arthit looked at Toptap, this man didn't change.  His demeanor is always gentle and caring.  Toptap ordered pink milk and Arthit's favorite tiramisu cake.  Toptap treat makes Arthit's heart painful.

Could it be that Toptap is sorry and wants to come back to him?

Arthit immediately threw the thought back.  Toptap is engaged, to a woman his parents choose.

Don't dream in broad daylight, Arthit wake up!

"Talk."

"Do you have anything urgent?"

"I still have my homework to do."

Toptap laughed, Arthit didn't change.  "Lots?"

Arthit nods, English, math, science and language.  The teachers don't care that high school kids need 'me time' too, they give mountains of homework.  Very annoying.

"How about I help you?"

"No need."  Arthit flatly refused.

Toptap shrugged and took a sip of iced coffee.

"Do you hate me?"

Arthit avoided Toptap's gaze, did he hate him?  Maybe yes.  Or rather, he was deeply disappointed in his former lover.  In the past, he believed and pocketed all hid hopes on this man but this man failed him.

"Sorry, I was helpless too."  Toptap looks sad which makes Arthit feel sorry.  This was not what Toptap wanted either.

"It's okay. We have to look forward."

"You are very positive Arthit."

Arthit smiled without replying.

"Can we come back?"  Toptap grabbed Arthit's right hand.  Arthit's heart fluttered, his thoughts erratic.  Is this another chance from God?

"That woman?"

Toptap helplessly, "Please give me a little time, I can't break the engagement right now. Will you give me a chance?"

Before Arthit answered, there was a small child's crunchy voice shouting his name.

"Mama Arthit !!!"

Hong and Blue immediately ran over to Arthit's place and hugged him.  Arthit's arms seemed to be bound by Blue on the right and Hong on the left.

Toptap looked confused, who are these two boys who call Arthit as Mama.

“Hong and…” Arthit had yet to meet this blue haired boy.  But he guessed that this blue haired boy was Hong's brother.

"My name is Blue, mama .." When Blue mentioned the word mama there was a joy in his heart.

"Hong and Blue, why are you here? Where are Fri and Ice?"

"Why are you looking for them?"  Blue and Hong became sullen.

"You're still kids, you can't go around without an adult."

"We can take care of ourselves, Mama .." Blue patted his chest proudly.  Hong nodded in agreement.  If there is anything wrong, just give it a stun.  Done 👍.

Toptap who felt forgotten let out a light cough, Arthit realized their conversation was still not over.  As if to apologize for being disturbed because Hong and Blue's voices were faster.

"WHO IS THIS UNCLE?

For those who forgot:

 Hong

Hong

 Blue

Blue

12 JAN 2021