CAPITOLO CINQUANTASETTE-Trade Off

Start from the beginning

She moves the probe along and clicks on the screen. "Here's baby B's heart beat."

Chris and Cataleya listen closely as a similar fast-paced heartbeat echoes throughout the room.

"This baby's heartbeat is exactly 155 per minute, a little faster than its sibling but again, completely normal." Dr Kingsley assures, her words wiping away the concern from Cataleya's face.

"Yeah, baby B definitely my baby," Chris smiles proudly, "Hella active already I see."

Cataleya rolls her eyes, amused. "I hope not 'cus when the time comes for them to be moving, I don't want her to be kicking and moving like she's playing football or something. I can't come and deal with that pain. Nope."

Chris raises his eyebrows, "Hmm, and how do you know it's a she?"

"I just have a feeling." Cataleya smiles at him. Chris shakes his head, chuckling.

Dr Kingsley smiles, amused at the two. "Okay, I'm just taking a few pictures for you guys to take home so give me one moment...and done." She lifts the probe off Cataleya's stomach and smiles at her. "You can clean off now, I'll be at the desk sorting some stuff out for you to take home."

"Thank you." Cataleya nods and sits upright once more. Chris hands her some tissues which she uses to clean up the gel off her stomach before heading over to the desk to await Dr.Kinglsey.

o o o

10 minutes later, Dr.Kinglsey had given Cataleya a few pamphlets and booklets filled with information on her pregnancy, labour, etc along with an antenatal book where she could keep track of her appointments and details on them. She also gave Cataleya some more prenatal tablets, much to her dismay.

"So since you're roughly 8 weeks your next appointment will be 2 weeks from now." Dr Kingsley informs while she writes it down in the red antenatal book along with the details from today's appointment. "But please feel free to call me or come to the hospital if anything feels off or you feel off." She smiles as she  closes the book and hands it to Cataleya.

"Oh I will and I'm sure even if I didn't," Cataleya motions towards Chris, "I'm sure he would."

"That sounds about Chris." Dr.Kingsley laughs and rises from her seat, the other two quickly following suit. Chris rolls his eyes playfully at their remarks, earning another chuckle from the women.

"Thanks Doc," Chris says softly as he holds Dr Kingsley's hand while she holds onto his forearm. "You know I always appreciate you."

Dr Kingsley smiles, giving his arm a gentle squeeze. "Likewise son, take care of this young woman and the precious cargo she carries." She looks at Cataleya with a smile.

"Of course I will." Chris glances at Cataleya before turning his gaze back to Dr Kingsley, "You know I don't play when it comes to family."

"Hmm," Dr Kinglsey nods with a smile, "Like father like son."

Chris lets out a small chuckle, "Enjoy the rest of your day Dr. K."

"Yes and thank you again so much." Cataleya expresses her gratitude by touching her arm softly.

"You're most welcome, love." Dr. Kingsley's hand covers Cataleya's briefly, "Ya'll go safe now."

o~O~o

Negril, Jamaica📍
5:30 pm
May 4th '19

"Knock knock." Rheah announces, while entering Cataleya's bedroom.