With furrowed brows, I headed for the stairs, walking by a mirror in the hallway. Nevermind Allen, I need to get my hair under control.

The next minute I was on the second floor, just off the stairs, about to turn to the right to head down to my room, when a sound stopped me in my tracks.

The softest tune caught my ear, making me turn to the left instead of the right, slowly making my way down the dark hallway, towards the open door at the very end, from which line of light was spilling from the door.

Gently, I pushed it open, my eyes roaming over the room.

Bases, guitars, even violins were hung up on the walls. In the far right corner, a ... well, what seemed to be a complete drum set was set up, the back of it facing towards the window. By the left wall, a simple, small piano, and a keyboard were standing side by side- a few feet behind them, there had been placed a little ottoman with an armrest and baskets underneath the seat.

But most of all, what caught my eye was the massive grand piano in the middle of the room, on the bench of which Allen was currently sitting, playing a surprisingly familiar tune. I took a deep breath and put on a smile. "You're a great player,"

The music stopped, and Allen turned around, the stupid grin on his face. "Love, I am by no means a player- I can assure you that I've been faithful to you ever since I met you," his grin grew wider and he winked at me, gesturing to his side with his head.

I rolled my eyes, walking up to him. "You're a great pianist, dumbass," I took a seat by his side.

He shrugged. "Sorry- couldn't help it," he turned around towards the piano keys, his finger gently running over them, never pressing down.

Leaning against his side, I closed my eyes, enjoying the warmth from his body, before opening them again, looking at the piano in front of me. It was dark brown- I'd mistaken it for black at first. The keys were mostly shiny white, but the very tips, where Allen had just been placing his fingers while playing, were slightly dented, brown ovals at the shape of fingertips around each dent on every key. I placed the tips of my fingers in one of the dents.

"It's old- from the 1860s. It was my great great great whatever who bought it," he smiled, pressing down on one of the keys, a perfect tune singing into the room. "The white keys are all made of ivory- the only reason I keep it is because it's so... old,"

"How long have you been playing... all of this?" I gestured to the instruments around the room.

He smiled warmly, gazing around us. "My dad signed me up for piano lessons when I was 6- he thought that music would be good for me, a... healthy way for me to channel my energy, my mom thought that I should try out violin when I was 9... and I began learning bass and guitar when I was 8, the drums I've been playing since I was 16. My dad bought me a set right after my birthday, I was pretty mad because..." he grinned, a breathy chuckle leaving him.

"Well, you know, and he wanted me to beat and hit something else than the walls. So he got me a drum set- but the piano is my favorite," he resumed to the melody he'd been playing when I walked in, a small smile still on his lips.

I watched his fingers fly over the piano keys, never hesitating, always hitting their exact mark, making the beautiful melody sing into the room. "What's that song? I've heard it before, I know I have," I mumbled, my head leaning on his shoulder. He didn't stop playing.

"It's... well, it's the song I sing to you when you have trouble sleeping. And also... it's the song from Tangled... the one they sing in the lantern scene," a light pink spread over his cheekbones, his smile turning nervous.