"Happiee Neww year baby" I said and laid on the sofa again.

"WHATTT????" he shouted and that's when I opened my eyes fully to look at him. I woke up with his noise.

"What happened??" I asked him.

"You called me baby. Do you remember saying it?" he asked as I blushed. God!! When would I stop blushing like a fool?

"Stop blushing Diy..." he said but before he finishes I spoke"or else you.. what?? You won't be able to do anything" I said and laughed.

With a fake angry face he said "Wait!! I will deal with you when I come back home" he said and we were interrupted by a nurse voice. She called him for something. I don't know the medical term meaning.

"Ok..Diya!! I wish this year would be great for us. Happy new year baby. See you soon" he said and ended the call.

I sighed and walked to our bedroom to sleep.

--

It has been five days since he came home. He has been totally busy with research papers and all those emergencies. This is what Linda told me. Yeah, he didn't even bother to call or message me. The reason Linda told was if Edward is committed with anything. He would forget the whole world and would totally shut himself from everyone. Even with this, I had no problem and is actually proud to see my husband's love and commitment towards his work. He had extra pairs of clothes in this cabin. So, he had no reason to come home.

I just began to miss him more. Still, I couldn't say to him about the award function. I was impatiently waiting to tell him. It's Saturday today and Monday is the award function. I had work till noon. So, I decided to go and see my husband directly and I was very much eager to look at his ward and the hospital. It's the first time for me. I have never ever gone to his hospital.

I got a good reason to see him. So, after finishing my work. I boarded the bus to go to the hospital. I reached the hospital in 15 minutes. I got down and looked at the hospital. It was like huge and vast. I just thought that the hospital would be like any other normal one. But this was nothing like I imagined. To be honest, I was little scared to go meet him now.

I walked to the reception desk and asked them about the Emergency ward. I walked by following the direction said by the receptionist. I stood in front of the ward and looked at the board. Finally!!! I came to the place which my husband adores.

I opened the door and was invited by many sounds. Just behind the door, the whole world seemed calm. On the other side here, it was totally different. Nurses and interns running here and there shouting something. On my right side, there were the regular beds and patients with their family members. Now!! I get the emergency vibes. How does he and Linda handle all these stress?? God!! It's really difficult.

I just stood in the middle looking at the whole ward when I heard someone talk to me. It was some nurse.

"Excuse me..What do you want?? Did you come to see a patient??" She asked me with frowned eyebrows. She spoke so fast. May be this fast would naturally stick to you if you stay here for a day.

"I came to see Edward" I said and saw her frown got bigger as she brought her face close to my face and looked. I backed a little and straightened.

"Uhmm...I mean Dr. Edward Ryan" I said and she asked me this the next second "Do you have an appointment??"

"Uhmm...No..." I said and was about the tell I am his wife when she said "Then, you aren't allowed. Fix an appointment next time when you come. Now if you excuse me" she said in her intimidating tone.

"Wait!! Actually I am his wife" I said and she turned slowly with face full of suspicion.

"Whoa...Nice joke. He is not married. You should have tried something like girlfriend. I expected this when I saw you without any injuries. Lady, I have seen many like you who wants to see the doc with some excuses. Just leave now" she said and was about to turn.

"Did he not tell you that he's married?" I asked her and when she was about to speak another nurse came to us.

"What Ana?" She asked. So, her name is Ana.

"Nothing, Ev. The lady here is saying that she's Dr. Ryan's wife and wants to see him" she said and laughed softly.

"Hello. Say something realistic. Why would our handsome doc marry someone ordinary like you? That too you look like an Asian. We don't have time for any drama. " she said, gesturing her hand like go go.

I was extremely disappointed and as well as angry. How come they don't know he's married?? Did he not say this during all these months?? I looked at the way these nurses looked at me as if I am a fraud.

"Wait!! I will call Linda" I said and called her but she didn't attend.

"Madam. Here mostly all have the doc numbers. So, just leave or we will call the security" she said and was about to call the security when I stopped her.

"I will go" I said and was about to turn when....

-×-×-×-×-

Spoiler - No, it's not like Ryan will come and shout - Diyyaa!!! You here?? She is my wife you idiots.
Nothing of that sort.

No precap

Next chapter - Tuesday

Hope you liked the chapter.

~ 1485 words ~