Extreme & Copious Bad Luck

The start of the 20th century presented endless possibilities for Japan. While urban areas such as Tokyo were shaping up to be one of the most advanced cities in the year 1912, your small village in Sendai remained idle to change.

Living by yourself in a 1-bedroom, detached home adjacent to endless rice paddy fields, it was hard to enjoy the luxuries of the "new age" (as the scholars of the nation were putting it). But even without the luxuries that wealthy city residents enjoyed, everyone was content.

Everyone was content because the basic necessities of life were met: fresh water, hot meals three times a day and a roof over their heads. The leftover desire for materialistic goods was overshadowed by the strong, familial bond that rural communities tend to forge.

At first glance, even the smartest of men would have deduced the same conclusions about your village. But no one knows that one single man, or a curse rather, threatens to destroy the very essence of Sendai.

In about half a decade, he might even be capable of reforming of the entire nation of Japan under his authoritarian, ruthless, and absolutely depraved agenda. Sukuna was what he called himself; no last or first name required for such an infamous curse.

"Hurry up or you're going to be late for the Sendai Jujutsu Tournament!" yelled out old-man Katsura, interrupting your thoughts.

Old-man Katsura muttered a few more remainders while zooming past you on a bicycle, leaving a cloud of dust swirling around you on the road. It was quite the funny sight; he was always running around the village on his rusty bicycle but the minute his wife asks him to help her with errands, he becomes mute, deaf, paralyzed, and all the above.

The reminder was effective however, as you dusted off your Jujutsu combat uniform and hurried over to the main entrance of the tournament.

"Checking in as a sorcerer for the tournament, last name [y/n] and first name [y/n]" you informed the women sitting in the ticket booth, wearing a tired expression on her face. She scanned your face almost irritably, as if silently communicating that you weren't good enough to participate in a fight that was going to be spectated by her lord and saviour, Sukuna himself.

You didn't let that bother you, because underestimation is the greatest asset.

"Here's your ticket. You'll be exorcising a special grade curse. If you win, you'll be awarded ¥5,000 yen by Lord Sukuna," she mumbled, sighing whilst handing you your entrance ticket. Upon taking the ticket, you brightly thanked her and hurried in towards the arena.

The arena itself was situated on a flattened piece of land, composed of faded red dirt rather than the rich brown soil found everywhere else in your village. The fighting space was enclosed by four stone pillars which were placed to create a square-like formation, and flimsy rope that tied the square together. What was most impressive and quite scary even, was the sheer size of the fighting space.

You could fit six rice fields in here, you thought to yourself. But fighting a special grade curse requires every bit of space, as you'd soon come to find out.

Not even a minute after your entrance, the deafening beat of drums engulfed the tournament. The rhythm of the drums mimicked the beat of the human heart, inducing an adrenaline rush for the viewers.

Among the riveting beat of the drums and the screams of the audience, slowly emerged the most notorious curse in history. Making his way up the raised podium, he took his seat on a frighteningly large, intricately made black oak chair. Two smaller chairs were placed on either side of him, seating his most trusted partners. Behind him stood a menacing old lady, no doubt a shaman.

As more people took notice of Sukuna, the quieter the arena got. The drums, which only moments ago riled everyone up started fading away. An ominous, suffocating silence ensued.

The man or perhaps the curse sitting to the right of Sukuna rose from his seat and yelled, "The Lord doesn't have all day, bring out the curse!" Just as he was finishing his sentence, out crawled the most disgustingly horrifying curse.

As it sloshed around in a gory red slime, the jujutsu sorcerers including yourself began to mentally strategize. To put it simply, it was a 20 feet long caterpillar-like being covered in slime, 3 collassal mouths and a singular eye. Although it didn't have any legs, it had pincer like arms covered all over its body.

"This curse can't even move! It's a piece of cake," announced one of the fellow jujutsu fighters before charging into the arena. But in a flash, one of pincers on the curse's body extended across the field and pierced the eager fighter right through his stomach. One by one other sorcerers charged in as well, each returning fatally wounded or not returning at all.

With only you and three other fighters left, you figured that you could not just sit there all day. You were always regarded as one of the best curse users in Sendai, and it was time to prove that once and for all.

Drawing out your sword from its sheath, you curved it with your aqua coloured curse energy. Jumping over the arena's rope, you charged in quickly yet quietly. Before the ginormous monster had the chance to whip its head around, you had sliced off half of its pincers.

Next up was the atrocity's head. But coming this far, you couldn't risk it; you had to land this perfectly. So putting your hands together in a triangle formation, you summoned your domain expansion where a slice from your sword was always guaranteed. In a swift motion, the curse's head fell to the ground and immediately disintegrated. A small, devilish smile creeped upon Sukuna's face.

The audience which was watching in utter silence so far erupted in victory chants. "That's Sendai's best jujutsu sorecer for you!" screamed old-man Katsura, tears of joy streaming across his face. How can he cry on command like that?

On the other side of the arena, you weren't the only one elated at your victory. Leaning his head towards one of his subordinates Sukuna commanded, "Bring her to me."