"You did this."

     It was a statement. Woojin knew that. His footing shifted, causing Mark and Minho to go tense, expecting an attack.

     " ... I did."

     Even though he was expecting this answer, Chan's expression crumpled, his heart shattering as he faced the truth. He raised a shaky finger to point at Jeongin, his wounds and bruises, his easily triggered state.

     "You did that," he accused in a low voice, neck turning red as his anger threatened to spill over. Woojin swallowed, blinking rapidly to calm himself.

     "I- I did."

     Their gazes met, the air between them dangerously charged with energy. Chan bit his lip, hard, trying to stay quiet.

    "Why?"

     Inhaling slowly, Woojin opened his mouth, ready to explain, explain why this had happened, and why he would have done it again and again if he needed to in order to accomplish his goal. To finish what he had started.

     But he couldn't, because the alarms overhead went off again, the earsplitting sound causing Woojin's heart to jump. He jerked his head towards the group, expression suddenly intense.

     "Leave!" he screamed, eyes getting damp as they stared at him.

     Minho lowered his gun for a moment, genuine confusion written all over his face. "What?"

     "Go, now! They know! You need to leave," the oldest pleaded, peering around the hallway corner, mind racing. After a split second of thought, Woojin gripped his sleeve determinedly and tore it off in a clean strip, stuffing it into his mouth and biting down as hard as he could.

     "Woojin, what... "

     Chan's objection was ignored as Woojin pulled out his own gun, Minho swiftly training his scope on the boy out of instinctive caution. He was shocked when Woojin pointed the weapon not at them, but at his own thigh, brows creasing as he placed his finger on the trigger.

     "Wait - "

     Bang.

     The alarms and his gag barely muffled the sound of his scream as he fell to the floor, gun spinning away as he clutched his injured leg, blood leaking onto the ground beside him in a resplendent puddle.

     Woojin spat the fabric out, eyes expressing the excruciating pain he was in. He gritted his teeth together and hissed, head tilting as he tried to speak through the throbbing agony.

     "Leave... now! Go!"

     He couldn't say any more, the burn of his wound taking too much of his concentration away. The other were still baffled by his actions; making it look like they had attacked him and letting them escape instead of turning them in. What on earth was he doing?

     But Hyunjin wasn't questioning it, the first and most important thought on his mind being Nari and Jeongin.

     "Chan!" he yelled over the noise. "We need to go!"

     Tearing his eyes from Woojin, Chan nodded, chest lurching as he made himself agree. "O-okay. Move!"

     Hyunjin forced himself not look back as he began to run, forced himself to ignore Jeongin's loud sobs as Chan supported and dragged him away. His own eyes became wet, but there was no time to think about what had happened. They needed to focus on survival.

     The group dashed through the maze of the bottom floor, the alarms continuing and shouts beginning to rise up behind them.

     When they reached the tunnel room, Chenle's hand landed on the knob first, and he held it open for his comrades, craning his neck to make sure they were in the clear.

     As Taeyong's feet cleared the frame, an ammunition clip from his belt slipped loose, and, not noticing it, he continued on towards the tunnel. Taken by surprise, Chenle bent to pick it up, holding it out with innocent eyes.

     "Taeyong, wait! You - "

     The boy's words stopped short as a loud crack registered in his ears. He went to reach for his gun, but couldn't, suddenly wondering why he couldn't feel his right arm. As he glanced down, a trickle of blood seeped down across his sleeve, staining his uniform with it's dark tint.

     His body fell forward as yet another strange bang sounded, and his leg began to ache as he sank down to the floor, curious eyes still trained on the surreal reality of his shot arm.

     "Guys... I think I've been shot."

all i want to do is sleep tbh

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

all i want to do is sleep tbh

shortish chapter, cliffhanger, nothing new.
hope you guys liked it ♡︎