He returned to the stove to do whatever he was doing before, and I too.

I looked at the cutting board, and I was amazed by the way the onion was cut.

How could this man, a successful billionaire, I add, have this much skill in the cooking field? It's not that I'm not opposed to the idea of successful men like him being skillful in this field; I do not believe in gender roles. Besides, his skill could compete with Gordon Ramsay or Giada. It was that impressive.

I continued my work, my work not even near to his precision. I took all the cut vegetables and went to the stove to proceed to the next process.

"Alessandro, uh, I didn't get to cut the way you did, sorry," I told him, my face showing a hint of sadness.

"Hey, it's okay. You did quite impressive for your first time," he replied, placing his hand on my upper arm.

"We should drop the vegetables in the stove with the concoction that I've made," he said.

I slowly did what he said as he stirred the vegetables with the concoction.

I silently took a few whiffs of the cooking, each time the aroma of it satisfied my nose's sensory nerves. With that, I knew this is going to be tasty. I honestly can't wait to have this for lunch.

"I take it that you like it," he asked me, dropping a spoonful of ground black pepper into the concoction.

"Duh! This smells good," I exclaimed.

"That's what I thought, bambina," he said.

"Amy, can you get me the mozzarella from the fridge? It's at the bottom compartment," he asked.

I took the cheese from the fridge.

"And also, please grab the cheese grinder," he told me, pointing to it.

I took it and handed it to him.

"No, I want you to grind the cheese. Cut a small part of it; we don't need it much."

I cut the cheese and ground it into the stove.

He continued mixing everything till all the vegetables were cooked properly.

Besides it, he was also cooking two pieces of steak on a pan.

"Everything's done," Alessandro chirped.

He placed each piece of steak on different plates and poured the gravy onto the meat. My mouth salivated at the sight of it.

Before I could even touch the plate, he took it and placed both of them on the dining table.

"Amy, do you like mint juice?" he asked me.

"I've never tasted it before, but sure," I replied.

He went to the fridge and took a huge bottle, which obviously has mint juice in it. He poured it into two glasses and placed it on the dining table.

"Let's eat. I'm so excited about your reaction," he told me.

We went and took our seats.

I cut a little part of a steak, and let me tell you, when I placed it in my mouth, tastes that I've never tasted before exploded in my mouth. The fact that it's freshly cooked just compliments the taste of it.

"Mmhmm, this taste's good," I mumbled with the steak in my mouth.

"I'm glad you liked it, bambina," he replied.

"You should become a professional chef, Alessandro. I'm curious about why you didn't take this as your career path," I told him.

"No, cooking is my hobby since I was a child. I love the concept that I could make someone's day by just cooking good food. Over the years, it kind of faded away, you know, the tragic demise of my mom and all, I never had anyone to cook for, other than Jake. I would cook for the both of us on our birthdays," he told me.