Chapter One

"I cannot do this anymore, Hana," Daniel said softly. His head was hanging low as if he was sorry for what he was about to say

"We should break up," There it was. So predictable.

"Okay," Hana didn't say anything else and stood up. "You could have done this over text. I would've felt less embarrassed," she said monotonously. "If you have nothing else to say, I'll be taking my leave."

And she left.

She left her first love as if he was a stranger. Her eyes were devoid of emotions. They were cold as ice. Daniel sat there, shocked at what just happened. His eyes followed her till she disappeared, but he couldn't wrap his head around her words. He thought she would break down, beg him not to break up with her. But he underestimated her.

Even after four years, he failed to recognize her properly.

Hana, on the other hand, had already suspected this. She saw this coming a month ago when Daniel started taking an unusual interest in flowers.

"Damn that flower bitch!" Hana shouted her breath. Her hands clenched by her sides, and a tear managed to slip through her eyes. "Damn it!" She quickly wiped it away.

Hana and Daniel started dating four years ago. It was Daniel who fell for her when she moved to New York for studies. Daniel judged the book by its cover. He was mesmerized by her beauty. Who wouldn't be? She was the perfect example of beauty with brains.

Her curvy body made every guy drool. She was ethereal. But with beauty comes power, and with power comes responsibility. She never failed to carry that responsibility. Hana knew she was born with good looks, but she would never get carried away with that thought. She always kept herself in check.

Hana was very modest, and for some time, very naive too. Five years ago, she lost her best friend because of it. She lost her sister to a guy who treated her like trash, and Hana was too oblivious to notice it. Sana always smiled and never showed any pain. By the time Hana found out, it was too late. Hana changed after that. She became cold and isolated herself.

As Hana walked over to the bus station, she started beating herself over why she let that piece of shit climb over her walls so easily.

"Hana, wait!" Daniel came running from behind her. "How can you leave like that?" He was panting.

"Why? Did it hurt your ego?" Hana asked as she folded her arms over her chest.

"NO!" He suddenly yelled. "Don't you want a reason? doesn't this bother you?" Hana could see that her actions had bothered him. It gave her a feeling of satisfaction.

"No," She answered just as the bus arrived. "OH, and enjoy your time sniffing flowers, you asshole," she said, and the bus took off before Daniel could react.

•~~•~~•

"That son of a bitch! How could he do that to you?" Mal said after she took a shot.

"Relax, it doesn't matter. I guess we were just not meant to be." Hana shrugged and gulped down the rest of her beer.

"How can you be so cool about this?!" Mal yelled, "if I were you, I would've chopped his dick off."

Hana laughed. She was well aware that her friend was capable of doing that. Malorie could not handle her temper for the love of it. That was one of the traits Hana liked about her.

Hana met Malorie at a self-protection program Hana found online. They clicked instantly and have been the best of friends since then. Mal was the only exception beside Daniel that Hana allowed to let in. They were polar opposite, but as they say, opposites attract.

Hana was calm and poised. On the other hand, Mal was a ticking bomb. Hana liked to stay in and enjoy a good book while Malorie was always ready to party. The only thing they had in common was their passion for kicking asses and clothes.

"I am leaving tomorrow," Hana said out of nowhere.

"What?" Mal's voice slurred as alcohol started to take over her.

"I am going back to Korea." She told her.

"What? No?!" Malorie whined, "Why so suddenly? And what will I do without you?" She clung to Hana as her life depended on it.

"You'll be fine," Hana hugged her back. "I need to clear my mind before I start working in the clinic. And I can't do that with him roaming around." Hana explained.

Mal had no choice but to give in, "Ugh, Fine! I'll let you go because I love you so much." Mal sat up straight and continued drinking. "You deserve a vacation, but would you be able to relax in Korea?"

Hana understood what Mal was trying to say. Only Malorie knew about Sana's death. Daniel never gained Hana's trust that way. There was so much that Mal knew, and Daniel didn't.

"Mhm, I am not going back to my home. It isn't home without Sana, and I don't think I can handle mom without Insoo," Hana snickered as she took a sip from her glass.

Mal's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and curiosity, "Then where will you stay?" She asked.

"We have our family farmhouse in Busan, so I'll stay there for some time," Hana explained. "I don't care where I stay as long as I can eat some good quality food."

"Oh My God, Korean food is too die for," Mal groaned. "Why can't we marry food? Boys are shitty and worthless."

"My thoughts exactly," Hana laughed along with Malorie.

"Well, cheers to that!" Mal shouted as they clinked their glasses.

•~~•~~•

"Auntie, I'm back!" Hana yelled as she staggered into the farmhouse. She was calling out to the caretaker of the farmhouse, Mrs. Wang.

"You're back?" Mrs. Wang called out as she came out of the kitchen, cleaning her hands with her apron.

Mrs. Wang had been serving the Kang family for almost two decades now. She was appointed as a nanny for the kids when Hana was fours years old. But as the kids grew up there was no need for a nanny, and they didn't want to let go of Mrs. Wang so easily. Si they gave her the job of looking after the family farmhouse in Busan.

"Oh, Auntie.....I missed you," Hana ran into her welcoming arms.

"My baby," Mrs. Wang hugged Hana tightly. "Let me take your bag to your room. Food is ready, dig in."

Hana didn't waste a second and basically flew to the dining table. She moaned at every bite.

"I missed homemade food," she said as she plopped onto her bed. Hana hummed as she rubbed her belly. "Can't wait to do that again," she mumbled before turning the lights off and drifting off to dreamland.

•~~•~~•

hello my loves

So this is the first chapter. I know its shitty but hope you enjoyed it.

i will try and pload a new chaptter as soon as I can.

stay safe.
bye