"Dream.."

"H-elp m-m-e please", was all dream could splutter out between tears and the shaking.

George was quick to react, setting himself down in front of Dream, grabbing his hands and squeezing them tightly.

"Can you breathe for me? Copy my breathing"

Dream nodded slightly and began to take in shaky breaths at the same time as George. His chest rose and fell with the shaking subsiding each breath he took.

"That's good ok. In and out. In and out"

Drawing his hands away from his face Dream looked up to see who was comforting him and he was met with George's worry filled chocolate brown eyes.

TW over

"I'm sorry"

"No don't be sorry! You can't help it"

"B-ut it's not fair you have to help me"

Dream was still slightly out of it and his self deprecating comments caught George off guard. Dream wasn't the type of person to think badly of himself from what George could see.

"Hey", a calming sensation washed over Dream at the sound of George's voice, "can you tell me what caused this?"

"That's the worst part of it", he still choked as the words came out but it was easier to understand what he was saying, "I have no idea, one second I woke up the next second I'm..."

"Shhh hey it's ok, there isn't always a reason you know", George rubbed his thumb around Dreams hand and squeezed it a bit tighter.

"I hate this", Dream mumbled, slightly loud enough for George to hear.

"I know, I know, it's awful, I suffer from this too and I know how bad it can be"

At the sound of those words Dream suddenly snapped out of whatever trance he was in.

"You do?"

"All the time, mostly when I don't want to confront my feelings with myself and I'm conflicted or if I'm hiding something from other people"

The confession was the most honest thing George had said over the course of their trip so far and Dream could feel it in his words.

But even though the words were spoken with such sincerity, Dream cringed as he heard them rattle through his head. George was perfectly right but he wasn't ready to confront that just yet, he wasn't ready. The conflicting thoughts racing through his brain caused anger to bubble up inside of him.

"Maybe I don't know? That isn't normally what it's like for me but thanks", the sarcasm was evident but George didn't pick up on it

"It's ok, we all have bad days"

"I'm not lying to myself George", the words tasted sour on Dreams tongue as he thought out loud.

"What do you?" George hesitated before continuing, "what do you mean Dream?"

"I mean I'm not lying to myself"

The change in Dreams attitude had caught him off guard for the second time of the day and he tensed up slightly at the way the words sounded.

"George, I'm not lying to myself"

Dream was convincing himself, not George and he could tell by the way Dream frowned as the words rolled off his tongue.

George squeezed Dreams hand in a reassuring way.

"It's ok to lie sometimes Dream"

"OH MY GOD GEORGE", Dream had a sudden outburst causing George to shy away from him instantly as Dream snatched his hand away, "WHY ARE YOU TRYING SO HARD TO CONVINCE ME SOMETHING THAT ISNT TRUE"

"I'm sorry Dream I was trying to help?"

"NO YOU WEREN'T GEORGE", Dreams yelling became slightly louder, "YOU WERE JUST FORCING ME TO FEEL THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE LIKE YOU'VE BEEN DOING THIS WHOLE HOLIDAY SO FAR. I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP GEORGE I DON'T NEED YOU TO BE ALL CLINGY"

The confusion was evident on George's face as Dream continued his explosion, each word pricking on George's skin.

"YEAH YOU HEARD ME, CLINGY. DON'T THINK I HAVEN'T NOTICED YOU CONSTANTLY TRYING TO BE NEAR ME THESE PAST FEW DAYS ITS WEIRD GEORGE AND TO BE HONEST PRETTY DISGUSTING. I HAVE BOUNDARIES, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO MEN BEING NEAR ME!"

The last sentence hit George like a whip, he felt as though he had just been stabbed in the back by his closest friend. Even though he had only known Dream for a few days he had become unbelievably attached to him and to hear those last words fall out of his mouth made George re-think everything he had confessed to Sapnap last night. Yes he still felt for Dream but knowing he was repulsed by men made him want to gag. This was the reason Sapnap was so on edge when George was talking to him about his feelings.

"I-", George didn't know what to say.

"SHUT UP STOP TALKING, STOP BEING SO BLOODY NEEDY"

"I didn't say anything Dream?"

"PSHH", Dream scoffed, "WELL THE POSITION OF YOUR HAND SAYS ENOUGH FOR ME TO KNOW EVERYTHING!"

George glanced down at his hand, it was resting on Dreams thigh. What was so wrong with that? And then everything clicked further into place as he realised what Dream truly meant, Dream had just shown his true colours that had been hiding the entire holiday, even when he was around Skeppy and Bad.

"Your sick Dream, you know that, I thought...", George didn't intend to finish his sentence, especially while Dream glared at him.

Instead, George stood up blinking back a few angry tears and sprinted to his room, locking the door. His self confidence knocked away in a heartbeat by a man he had only just met. A man he liked a bit more than platonically. All of it washed away.

He sank down on his bed allowing his emotions to take control of him and spill out in every direction. He screamed as forcefully as he could into the pillow and broke down into a ball of tears.

Word count: 1612
Ooop long one

AHHH TYSM FOR OVER 120 READS LIKE THATS CRAZY, if you want then you can leave a vote yk 👉👈

So yeh I really don't want to re-read this because Dream really pisses me off even as the author but I have to edit it so ig I'll just start an I hate Dream club anyone wanna join?

Please don't kill me for ruining the fluffy vibes

Stay hydrated <3