Uncontrollable

TWs: Homophobia, Panic attack

As George awoke the next day he was filled with a strong sense of confidence, he was going to ensure that today was a good day. No matter what happened.

His small chat with Sapnap last night had relieved a lot of weight off of his shoulders and he felt like a whole new person.

However, there was one small problem eating away at George that he had chosen to ignore, and it was the way in which Sapnap had so obviously formulated his words in his head before he answered anything George had said to him. Something felt off, as though Sapnap was lying to him about some of the facts.

Nevertheless, George shook off the feelings and decided to trust his best friend that he was right and there was nothing to be worried about. Was there?

Dream had a very different attitude to being met with the morning air than George, the weight of his blankets sticking on top of him felt as though he couldn't move. He had sweaty palms and his hair lay greasy on his head while every breath he drew in seemed to swirl in his throat without entering his lungs.

Fighting the urge to sink further into his bed, Dream forced himself to sit up on his bed, noticing himself shaking slightly. Was he having a panic attack at 8 in the morning as soon as he woke up?

TW: Panic attack

Dream shot up instantly at this thought and ran towards the bathroom, his legs feeling like jelly beneath him and his feet sticking to the tiles of the bathroom floor as he entered it.

Once the door had been locked by his shaky fingers Dream sank into a corner of the bathroom, allowing the sense of fear to wash over him.

His entire body began to shake slightly uncontrollably and his palms started tapping up and down on his leg in order to try diverting the shaking to one area of his body.

The tapping refused to work and his palms became more and more sweaty with each passing moment, causing him to raise his hands in the air and start shaking them rapidly up and down. His heartbeat grew faster, the shaking grew faster, his hand movements grew faster until he couldn't take it anymore.

Dream choked and gasped for air as a few tears began to roll down his cheeks at the inability to breathe.

It had been a good 6 months since the last time he had had a panic attack and the thought of having one out of the blue caused him to worry further. Why was he having one now? At eight in the morning with nothing to spark it?

The questions kept on coming, overpowering his brain and sending him further and further into mindless worry.

George sauntered along the corridors of their apartment, with a lot of bounce in each stride he took. Phone in hand, speaker in the other, towel thrown over his arm, George planned to have one of the best showers of his life.

As George turned the corner to the bathroom, a sound of muffled sobs came from inside of it, causing him to drop everything he was holding to the ground.

The noise from inside sounded as through the person was hyperventilating and he knew he had to get inside as soon as possible.

BANG BANG BANG

"Please! OPEN UP IF YOU CAN HEAR ME"

Dream reached for the door to twist the lock, unknowing of who the voice belonged to, he was too far gone to recognise anything. His fingers fumbled around the lock, eventually twisting it enough to hear the click.

The door slammed open and George was met with a sight he never thought he'd see. Dream was shrivelled up in the corner, hands hiding his face and uncontrollably shaking.