Closing the distance

George woke up in his large white double bed, the sheets draping on to the floor from his movement in his sleep.

"Ughhhhhh"

The clock on his phone read off as 8am. The perfect time for him to wake up. Disney was going to open at 9:30am so all George had to do was wake everyone else up.

George rose out of bed, stretching his arms out and making a few slightly odd noises. Shuffling his way to the door he realised that he was only wearing his boxers.

Quickly rushing to put on a pair of pj shorts, George pulled out a random pair from his suitcase shoving them on before turning back to leave his room.

Sapnaps room was just across the hallway from him, with Karl's room being slightly further down and Bad's and Skeppy's on the other side of the accommodation.

However, in this short journey, George caught a whiff of bacon being sizzled in a pan and the slight scent of eggs.

I guess someone's already up.

Abandoning the idea of waking up Sapnap, George headed towards the kitchen and the sound of fresh food.

As he turned into the kitchen he was faced with Bad and Skeppy cooking, Karl sat down at a seat and Sapnap eying up the bacon licking his lips.

"Here he is, sleeping beauty", Sapnap remarked with a wide grin spread across his face.

"He's alive!", Karl spoke after Sapnap.

"Wait- how long have you all been up? Am I late to the party?" George questioned them, only to find out they had been up for about twenty minutes and Sapnap was just being an idiot.

A few minutes later they were all sat at a table eating their bacon and eggs, with Sapnap practically inhaling his portion.

"Slow down, you'll get a tummy ache", Bad commented after watching Sapnap eat an entire rasher of bacon in under five seconds.

"Pshhhh, who cares we have to leave soon, I'm just speeding up the process", was all Sapnap had to say. Bad just gaped at him and continued eating his eggs, wanting nothing to do with the matter.

***

It was 9:15am and everyone was in the car ready to leave for Disney, with Skeppy driving and Bad next to him, their hands interlaced. Everyone knew they had been dating for a while now, but George still managed to feel slightly empty whenever he saw them expressing their love for each other, he didn't have someone to love him the way Bad loved Skeppy.

In the back was Sapnap, Karl and George in the middle, slightly squashed but not really as he was quite skinny. George let a sigh slip from his lips as he watched Skeppy rub his thumb along Bads hand.

George quickly diverted his attention from the lovers and focussed on Sapnap, who was currently arguing with Karl about what they were going to ride first and who would scream the most on the rides.

After a while of arguing Sapnap had won the argument saying that Karl would scream the most, they even placed $20 bets on each other.

Even though the screaming conversation was over the question about what rides would be the best escalated very quickly.

It's going to be a long 10 minutes...

***

Dream felt his anxiety begin to bubble up inside him as he realised he was going to be meeting potential new friends in under 10 minutes.