"And I don't know what's up with him," mumbled Christina. Nathan could see the worry on her face. "He's been acting strange all week."

"I don't know either," shrugged Eva Marie. "You need to ask him what's going on instead of just talking to us about it."

Christina looked over at Jonas as he attempted to set up a table. "What do you think Sam?" she asked.

"Sorry," she said. "I agree with Christina. You won't know how to react until you know what's going on. As far as you know, you could be overreacting."

"Overreacting!" she howled. "Ugh!" Christina glanced up and looked embarrassed when she noticed Nathan. "Oh — uh — hi Nathan," she uttered.

Nathan grinned. "Hi, Christina." He tried to smile reassuringly. "So, Lafonda said you guys might need my help."

Christina hesitated and her voice quivered. "Uh — sure," she said.

Eva Marie smiled and kindly stepped in front of her. "Excuse Christina," she said, while giving Christina a quick look. "She's a little sick today."

Christina's mouth fell open.

Eva Marie glared at her, raised her eyebrows, and then continued to talk to Nathan. "Can you grab more chairs from the closet for us?" she asked.

"Sure," said Nathan.

Samantha laughed. "Hi, Nathan," she said.

"Hi, Sam," he smiled.

Eva Marie gestured her head towards Jonas. "See, Jonas over there was helping us in the beginning, but it looks like he is preoccupied at the moment."

Nathan and the others looked up to find Jonas struggling to put up the table.

Eva Marie pointed. "The closet is over there," she said. 

"Okay," Nathan nodded. "I'll be back with more chairs."

Before heading to the closet, Nathan decided to chat with Jonas, who was bent over and trying to balance the table with one hand while trying to get one of the legs to open with the other. Nathan reached out with his hand and balanced the table. Jonas looked up and smiled. He then proceeded to lower all the legs of the table.

"Thanks Nathan," he smiled, sounding relieved.

Nathan grinned. "No problem."

Jonas proceeded to set up the chairs that were now on the floor next to the table. Nathan could tell by the look on his face that something was bothering him — he didn't even have his basketball with him.

Nathan grabbed a chair and set it up. "So?" he said. "How's it going?"

Jonas continued working. "Good," he responded.

Nathan had a good idea of what was bothering him. Oddly enough, he didn't think it had anything to do with Jonas learning about Nathan's ability or that he himself had powers. He didn't think Jonas was too worried about the creatures they encountered in the pseudo stairway, either. He knew this was mostly about his brother.

"So," he said. "What's new with your brother? Were you able to talk to him again today?"

Jonas's eyes lit up, but there was a hint of sadness in his voice. "Yeah," he said. "Mom's been calling me after she picks up Bobby from Aunt Carol's after work."

Nathan nodded. "Right," he said. "You mentioned before that your aunt was watching him while your mom worked."

"Yeah, and he's also in summer school," said Jonas. "He didn't do too well last year and has to attend summer classes to catch up." He had a somber look on his face. "But it's only temporary."