Courage to change

Start from the beginning

"Thank god you told her everything."

"Yeah. I think it's best if she stays here because I'm pretty sure they've gotten to my house."

"Yoongi, it's going to be fine, just don't stress too much about it," Hoseok said while getting inside the car and putting Yoongi on speaker.

"Yeah, I'm almost fully recovered. Then I'll go search for more evidence and clues. I know Robert knows the truth and I'm going to get it out of him, one way or another," Yoongi said with a voice that sounded almost too serious.

"Baby calm down, don't get too heated up. I'll come to visit you later today, okay?"

"What-wait a minute. Did you just call me baby?" Yoongi asked, with a sly tone. Hoseok could tell he was probably smirking.

"F-fuck," Hoseok cursed, biting the bottom of his lip as he realized what it was that he had just said aloud. Why do I never think before opening my goddamn mouth?

"Damn sweetheart, getting a little too quiet all of a sudden." Yoongi chuckled.

"Oh look, I'm already near my campus! I'll call you later, bye!"

Hoseok ended the call quickly and slumped in his seat, gripping and pressing his forehead against the steering wheel. God, I'm such an idiot, he thought to himself. Ugh.

____

"Taehyung?" Jimin said, poking Taehyung's shoulder.

"Hey, yeah. Sorry, I zoned out," Taehyung stated.

"What's wrong? Why are you so quiet all of sudden?" Jimin asked. Taehyung did have a kind of far-off look as if he was lost in troubling thoughts. "Did something happen with professor Jin?" Jimin asked.

"No, nothing, I don't really want to talk about it," Taehyung said as he closed his locker.

After last night he had to admit to himself how ridiculous his feelings for Seokjin were. How could he have ever even thought there was a possibility of them being together as a couple? Seokjin was his teacher and a married man. He felt like an idiot the whole night. A sad pathetic loser who kept dreaming of being with his muse. He couldn't sleep at all. He supposed it was better to find out early on before he made the mistake of confessing his feelings. Every time he thought of how that might have unfolded he wanted to shudder in fear. He could just imagine Seokjin's face, turning into a look of embarrassment. He also felt sadness, he hadn't ever felt this way before. His heart sunk every time he thought of encountering Seokjin. Was this what people say a broken heart felt like?

"Okay... But if you ever want to talk about it, you can tell me," Jimin said patting Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung nodded his head without saying anything and turned towards the hallway, intent on going to class. But as soon as he did he noticed Seokjin turning the corner and walking down. He tensed up and quickly said,

"Jimin, I guess I should get going now... I'll talk to you later." Taehyung walked away abruptly before Jimin could say anything, leaving him more perplexed than ever.

"I-, okay then," Jimin uttered.

Taehyung tried his best to quickly get out of there and make it towards the stairwell outside but couldn't. A loud voice stopped him in his tracks.