Chapter 83- Flying High

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay?" Endeavor asked you as he placed a hand on your shoulder as All Might would do. Each and every day that passed, Endeavor started reminding you more and more of him. You grinned at the hero, smiling to show that everything was alright.

"Thanks Endeavor. I appreciate it." He nodded, dismissing the situation before walking towards Hawks who had shooed away his admirers. 

"Well that was annoying. He acted quicker than I did," Hawks smiled as a single feather removed itself from your back and reattached to his wing.

"Awww you both LOOOOOOVE me," you nudged the two heroes on the arms. Enji looking away with an annoyed look while Hawks stuck his tongue out at you. The civilians that passed by were in awe over how gentle Endeavor was with you, how he clearly had some sort of parental affections for you. It was completely unheard of...but short videos and pictures of him cracking a smile eventually at you were eagerly posted on social media with comments flooding as the day went on.

"Who knew Endeavor had a heart?! " 

"Wow, he actually does have feelings." 

"I thought he was supposed to be a dick?!" 

"Endeavor is hot now. No, I don't take criticism."

You remained blissfully unaware how much your interactions with Endeavor were helping raise his popularity, which was fine by you.. Eventually, the three of you stopped at a nice high rise restaurant to have lunch and prepare to talk about some information Hawks had on the League of Villains. Neither hero knew that you were friends with one of their most violent members...having only seen him yesterday. 

Unbeknownst to you, Dabi has been trying to distract the League from targeting you...but Shigaraki wanted revenge. You had cut off All for One's arm and was part of the reason why the man lost to All Might...and Shigaraki never forgot that. He was convinced that stealing the quirks from you that were originally supposed to be his mentors was one of the only ways he could break him out of Tartarus Prison. Dabi was assigned to take you or at least samples of your quirk while you were imprisoned by The Doctor...but the man ended up falling head over heels from you instead.

So Shigaraki knew that there was only one option left.

~~

"Hey, uh...do you guys have yakitori?" Hawks eagerly asked the waitress that must have been in her early thirties. 

"Yes, we do we have ginger-soy flavor and barbeque-"

"Yeah I'll take five sticks of each and a chuu-jockey of uh...let's see...Asahi Dry on draft?" Hawks picked out rather quickly as you stared at the rather large and fancy menu.

"You're getting a jug of beer at noon while we are working?!" Endeavor gritted annoyed at the younger pro-hero. Hawks seemed completely unaffected by Endeavor's outburst.

"Relax old man it's just one with my meal like any grown ass man would get," Hawks flashed his signature smile at the number one pro and a wink at you. You shook your head amused as you ordered some tempura udon with some tea. Endeavor ironically enough ordered the same type of jasmine blend that Shoto liked most, but got a hot soba meal instead of Shoto's typical cold soba. You giggled at the realization after the waitress left, drawing the attention of both Endeavor and Hawks.

"What's so funny?" The elder man spoke in a gruff voice, unsure why you were amused by him.

"It's nothing. Just that you and Shoto like the same foods." Endeavor's lips curled up in a soft but happy smile at the thought.

"Well, I am the boy's father after all..." Endeavor remembered the family dinners that Rei used to make for everyone...how all of the kids would eagerly sit at the table and excitedly eat her cooking...it's been so long since he's had a meal made by his wife... "Hey...you two...when Rei comes home from her stay...you two should...um...you two should come by for dinner sometime."