Chang Ying felt sorely discontent.

For the first time, she realised, no matter how many years she lived, some people would still be like domineering old men to her!

After applying the ointment, he stood up and went to put the ointment away. When he shuffled back to their bed, Chang Ying was already asleep.

Lu Chen noticed the clothes she was wearing and slapping his forehead in regret. He didn't notice her day clothes and directly applied the ointment.

Lu Chen looked at her with a deep scowl. He patted her lightly. “You haven’t washed up yet. Get up and just wipe your body a bit before you sleep!“

Lu Chen knew Chang Ying had grown up in a considerate household. The Chang family told everything from hygiene to their moral character seriously. He knew Chang Ying, too, was a person who was not particular about fancy clothing accessories and expensive jewelry, but like her parents, she valued cleanliness. She had to wash at least twice a day.

He didn't know how much of her routine had been disrupted since she married him and got injured by Shu. Still, he hoped their inconveniences won't make her shrink from simple things she liked too.

While Lu Chen was over thinking, Chang Ying was aroused by his incessant patting.

9nce her mind came back to her body, Chang Ying didn't know whether to laugh or to cry.

Two days in a roll! Has this man picked up a bad habit somewhere to disturb her sleep?

Chang Ying even thought Feifei might have set him up to do this. Disturbing her sleep was just barbaric!

It was her good fortune to have her reputation and husband, but why won't this man let her sleep in peace?

For two days straight, she had devoted herself to manual labour, grinding, mixing, pounding...all sorts of things that could have been done with modern appliances. Chang Ying felt both aggrieved and tired. How did women in earlier eras cope? She was glad she was not one of those ladies that transmigrated into ancient times. No matter the knowledge she had, the sheer manual labour to implement it would kill her!

Chang Ying rubbed her tired eyelids with her small fisted hands and she mumbled, “I won't, I won't. I’m tired.”

Lu Chen paused and her words...the way she said them...

The words from her little mouth were tempting and provoking, as if he was asking her for another round after doing some intimate activities. He didn't know a girls voice could be so soft and alluring, could hold such magic.

Lu Chen swallowed nervously and shook his head to dislodge his line of thoughts. He had been thinking too much about certain things and it tainted her innocent words.

While he was struggling within, Chang Ying had turned away, shifted her butt into a more comfortable position, and continued to catch some Zzz.

Lu Chen  looked at her in a daze. He knitted his long, thin brows and considered going out to fetch a bucket of water and a rag to make it easier for his sleepy wife to wipe herself and return to sleep.

But he threw away his thoughts soon after. The weather wasn't hot and smouldering. She won't feel sweaty and uncomfortable if she slept this way. Besides, he saw how tired she looked these past two days, it was best to leave her alone.

He stretched out and got into bed, lying next to her. His eyes took in her quiet, sleeping form. She was curled up on her side like a fetus. He pushed the blanket away and placed himself next to her.

His ears picked up the faint sounds of her breathing in the quiet room. Lu Chen's face softened and he inhaled deeply. The faint lingering scents of fruits and spices she had worked with in the day lightly tingled his senses occasionally.

Lu Chen slowly hooked up his lips and the night darkness his the exquisite blooming of his five,majestic feature as the showed a softer, mellower expression.

He closed his eyes and let the nightly lethargy take over his body.

The nights were colder than the day. And sleeping on the cold ground with only a thin mattress to cushion them, people would shiver, especially Chang Ying's delicate body that had never been exposed to this biting cold.

Chang Ying shivered and unconsciously reached out for her blanket. After gripping around for a while and not reaching it, her hand reached out and touched a close heat source. Chang Ying groaned and shifted her body again. This time, stocking to her newfound source of warmth like glue. Her arms wrapped around the hard body and she toss one leg over his thighs.

Lu Chen's eyes snapped open, startled by the actions of the woman sleeping beside him. He peered at her for a few lengthy seconds. Once he confirmed she was asleep, he sighed, somewhat relieved, somewhat disappointed.

With his body stiff, Lu Chen counted off the periodic table in his mind. Then the square roots and cube roots of large numbers. All the while, she actually slept in his arms!