tanaka pt.2 ; haikyu!!

Start from the beginning

They honestly didn't want to defend Tanaka, but for the sake of volleyball, Tanaka is a very important asset and you knew that. You pondered their words for a bit, knowing what they were really trying to ask; They wanted you to go see him.

Honestly, seeing Tanaka was the last thing you wanted to do but at the same time, all you wanted to do was be in his arms as he squeezed the life out of you.

Tears began to flood your eyes as you thought about everything that happened again. You closed your eyelids and took a deep breath. 

You weren't going to do this for you or for Tanaka. You were going to do this for Hinata, Kageyama, and the rest of the volleyball team.

"I... I'll go see him after school, okay? I'll try to get him back for you guys," You said with a sad smile.

They felt bad for asking you to do this. Your eyes were red and puffy from crying every day for the past week and a half. They cared about you too, but they can't win without Tanaka and that was that.

"Thanks, y/n... We're sorry," Hinata bowed in front of you.

Kageyama followed his actions and quickly bowed down. You smiled down at the two boys and patted their heads. 

"Don't worry!" You said, trying to lift up their moods.

They stood up straight and looked at you with sympathetic eyes. 

You pressed your knuckles against their chests and gave them a bright smile. 

"But, if you lose once he comes back, I won't forgive you."

Hinata and Kageyama looked at each other and smirked before turning their attention back at you. They gave you a thumbs up and smiled widely.

"I won't lose to anyone! Especially not this guy..." Hinata mumbled to himself.

"Oi! What was that?!" Kageyama yelled at Hinata, making you laugh at their bickering.

With that, the two boys left to go to class as well as you did. 

The whole day, you thought about what you were going to say to Tanaka once you got to his house. Your stomach felt like it would implode because of the anxiety that built up after each period.

Now, you were walking down the sidewalk towards Tanaka's house. You fiddled with the hem of your uniform out of nervousness. The closer you got, the more you felt like you were going to pass out.

You felt your heart beating out of your chest. It pumped faster with every step you took. You wanted to try and think about something else to help with the anxiety, but you also needed to focus on what you were going to say to him.

Once you arrived at Tanaka's doorstep, your legs became weak. You felt as though your knees were going to collapse from the pressure you felt.

You hesitated to knock on the door but reminded yourself that you had to do this for the team. With that in mind, you took a deep breath and knocked on the door. 

As you waited for someone to open it, you felt your head begin to spin. The few seconds that passed felt like hours as you stood there, clenching your school bag in your hands.

You saw the doorknob being fiddled with from the other side, making you tense up in fear. 

"Who is-"

Tanaka opened the door and saw you standing there. His eyes widened at the sight of you, not expecting to see you for the rest of his life. He saw your red eyes and shaky hands as you stood there nervously.