🕊🏹🦢- good days

【the lovers】

•••

Louis and I were sitting on my bed sharing my airpods as we were scrolling through my tik tok.

I was scrolling down my for you page, Louis's chin rested on my shoulder as I laid my head against his. We were laughing at a video when I scrolled down to a another one captioned "what I feel like when I hear the good days intro."

I gasped and paused it, sitting up in my seat, I turned to the confused boy.

"Louis have you heard good days by sza?" He shook his head as I groaned.

"Oh my..we are listening to it right now." I laid back against my head board as so did Louis though his head wasn't leaning against mine. I wanted to push his head closer so he could, but I backed out last minute.

"Okay here here, it's gonna be on repeat." I went onto my spotify and pressed on the song. Laying back and closed my eyes. The intro tuning into my ears.

A/N ; i don't have spotify so idk if you can do repeats- don't judge me

I felt Louis gasp and shudder next to me, taking a peek, I saw his mouth wide open and his eyes shut.

He grabbed my phone and paused the song. "Holy fucking shit. I felt chills." He told me, gleam in his eyes.

I chuckled at him. "You haven't even heard the whole song." I was about to press play when I felt his hand stop me.

"Bluetooth it to your cd player. It'll make the experience better." He advised me, and I followed.

Restarting the song over and placing my phone on my bed stand, we sat shoulder to shoulder as the music began again.

Good day in my mind, safe to take a step out
Get some air now, let your edge out
Too soon, I spoke, you be heavy in my mind
Can you get the heck out?
I need rest now, got me bummed out
You so, you so, you, baby, baby, babe
I've been on my empty mind shit

I shut my eyes as I nodded my head to the song. Lip-syncing to the words and moving my arms to the beat.

I try to keep from losin' the rest of me
I worry that I wasted the best of me on you, baby
You don't care
Said, "Not tryna be a nuisance, it's just urgent"
Tryna make sense of loose change
Got me a war in my mind
Gotta let go of weight, can't keep what's holding me
Choose to watch
While the world break up and fall on me

I felt Louis move beside me. I opened my eyes to see he was staring at me. His mouth twisted into a smirk.

All the while, I'll await my armored fate with a smile
Still wanna try, still believe in good days, good days
Always inside (Always in my mind, always in my mind, mind)
Good day living in my mind

"What?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "Nothing you just look so calm, at peace...you look beautiful."

Tell me about my fears, my limitations
I'll disappear, if you let me
Feeling like, yeah (On your own)
Feeling like Jericho
Feeling like Job when he lost his shit
Gotta hold my own, my cross to bear alone, I
Ooh, paid a deal, way to kill the mood
Know you like, that shit getting good with it
Baby, baby, heavy on my empty mind shit

We stared at each other for what felt like eternity when I felt our bodies inch closer as his hand met my cheek, pulling my face closer to his. I felt his lashes flutter at the close proximity of our faces. His hot breath against my face.

I gotta keep from losin' the rest of me (Rest of me)
Still worry that I wasted the best of me on you, baby
You don't care
Said, "Not tryna be a nuisance, it's just urgent" (It's urgent)
Tryna make sense of loose change
Got me a war in my mind (My mind)
Gotta let go of weight, can't keep what's holding me
Choose to watch
While the world break up and fall on me

"Can I?" I heard him breathed out, I opened my eyes. Looking down at his lips, I noticed he was sucking on his lips between his teeth, like he was nervous for my reply.

The shine in his eyes flashed brighter and brighter with every blink. I felt safe just looking at them.

I nodded my head.

All the while, I'll await my armored fate with a smile
Still wanna try, still believe in good days, good days
Always sunny inside (Always in my mind, always in my mind, mind)
Good day living in my mind

Louis's hand cupped my face as his thumb swiped over my bottom lip. I felt my breath get caught in my throat.

I looked down at his lips, looking at how soft and pink they are. I wanted to feel them on mine.

I closed my eyes when I felt Louis's head lean in.

Gotta get right, tryna free my mind before the end of the world
I don't miss no ex, I don't miss no text
I just choose not to respond
I don't regret, just pretend shit never happened
Half of us layin' waste and our youth is in the present
Half of us chasin' fountains of youth and it's in the present

My heart felt like it beating out of my chest when my lips met his. Like a firework bursting into the sky on the fourth of July.

I felt Louis's hands hold my hips as I adjusted my body next to his. Almost sitting on his lap. Our lips never losing touch.

Always in my mind, always in my mind, mind
You've been making me feel like I'm
Always in my mind, always in my mind, mind

The song had ended, but our moment was still going.

The intro had started again as my fingers combed through Louis's soft hair making his mouth leave mine.

He looked up at me, his arms holding my back up as my arms were snaked around his neck. My hand in his hair, the other wiping his smooth cheek.

He looked at me with such lust in his eyes. With so much admiration. We had never kissed like this before. Where I felt like my heartbeat was being projected on a boom box for all to hear. I felt his heart beating against my skin when there were no space left between our bodies.

I longed for his lips, for his lips to reconnect with mine and we move as one. This time, I made the move. I leaned in.

I felt goosebumps on my arms when our lips connected again. Tingles around my body as Louis's fingers grabbed my hair, removing it from the frame of my face.

When I finally had removed myself from the kiss, I rested my forehead against his. Both of us catching our breaths. Then I moved back onto my side of the bed, my chest heaving up and down from what just happened. Louis's hand still holding my hips.

I laid myself against his chest as I recapped the moment. I felt my lips still tingle from his touch. My body felt like it was on a high. My brain unable to comprehend the vulnerability I had with Louis. I felt myself get giddy as I try to imagine the next time we would experience another moment similar to this one.

My lips started to feel chapped from the intenseness. I moved towards my night stand and opened a drawer, my fingers roaming in the dark for a familiar bottled tube.

When I found it, I put the aquaphor chapstick against my lips. They felt relieved with the soothing ointment. I handed the bottle to Louis who chuckled.

"That was-" He started to say, but he fell short.

"Wow." I finished for him, taking a deep breath. I messed with my bracelets at my wrist, the ones Louis had made me months before.

"Yeah." Louis snapped the cap shut and the song started to play again.

A/N ; i was gonna have Ami have a nosebleed after the kiss in honor of my bae louisology

but i thought i should save that for another time ;)