🕊🏹🦢- the stamp

【the lovers】

•••

"I'm coming!" I yelled at the door as I wiped my sticky hands on my apron.

I opened the door to see his face staring back at me, a smirk planted on it. "Louis?"

"Hey darling, can I come in?" He asked me, he was carrying a gift bag in hand.

Opening the door wider, I let him in. I led the way towards the kitchen where I washed my hands as he took a seat on the kitchen island.

"What is baker Ami baking today?" He questioned jokingly, I turned to him and smiled.

"Just some cookies. The first batch is done, you can go ahead and have some." I handed him a plate of freshly baked cookies. Then placed a pan of raw cookie dough into the oven and set the timer. "So what are you doing here?"

He took a bite of the cookie making a satisfied face, "I totally forgot to give you this on New Years." He put the gift bag he was holding moments ago onto the table. "It was part of your christmas gift, but it got sent here instead of L.A."

I grabbed the gift from his hands, opening it slowly knowing his eyes were on me and I knew I was an awkward person to be around when opening presents. I just don't know how to react to the gifts.

I unwrapped the present from the wrapping paper to see it was some sort of stamp. I held it in my hands observing it. It was silver and the stamp part was semi-soft and brown.

I turned to the boy who was grinning at me. "What is it?" I asked.

"Wait here." He jumped from his seat on the chair and ran upstairs, soon running back down, holding a book in his hand. One of my books.

"Look watch this." He took the stamp from my hand, and opening the book to the very first page, the one with the title on it, he put the page in between the stamp, and pressed down.

He waited a second or two before releasing it and showing it to me proudly. "It's a book embosser!" He smiled.

I looked at the stamped page in awe.

"I got it personalized and everything, see: On the first outer ring of the circle it says "From the Library of Azami Navarro." And the best part." He excitedly raised his voice to speak the next sentence. "There's a boba cup icon in the middle!"

My fingers grazed over the stamp and I smiled at him, tears started to form in my eyes.

"Lou. I love it, so so much. Thank you." I whispered to him as my hand caressed his cheek. He gave me a sincere smile back, then planted a kiss on my lips. Quick but sweet.

"Can I bring your books down? Can we stamp all of them right now?" He bounced on his heels as the timer went off behind me. Taking a look at the oven then back to him, I grinned.

"Here I'll take this batch of cookies out now, while you go upstairs and get the books ready, I'll meet you in two minutes." I told him, as he grabbed the stamp off the table along with the book.

I watch him make it halfway up the stairs before he turned back and walk through the hallway back to me.

"One more kiss." He leaned down to kiss me again. This time only longer.

"See you in two minutes darling!" He yelled as he sprinted up the stairs.

I smiled at him.

•••

a/n ; ok ik this was kinda random, but this do be a key detail for the next few chapters, specifically after chapter 20 because i already planned those chapters before :)