🕊🏹🦢- the assumption

【the duo】

•••

"Girls are so hard to shop for." Timothée groaned. Tim and I were at the mall, specifically shopping for Ami. Her and Louis would be landing in a few hours and we were at home when Alex told us about the news.

"Go get the kid some gifts." And he shut us out. From our own apartment.

"Especially Ami. Like half of the things I considered, Louis most likely got it for her." Tim nodded his head at me.

He was wearing a sweater, the hoodie covering half of his face, and some sunglasses, still on even when we're inside. He needs a better disguise.

"Well I call on getting her a CD. I overheard Jo and Alex saying they're getting her a cd player." I groaned as we walked into Barnes & Nobles.

Looking around the shelves, I wondered what books she was into. Young Adult? Teen Romance? Sci-Fi? Manga...?

"Yo Will! Check this out!" I heard Tim say a couple feet away from me.

I snapped the book in my hands shut, placing it back into the shelf and walked towards Tim.

He held a CD in front him. The Call Me By Your Name CD, I rolled my eyes at him.

"Clever eh?" The corners of his mouth lifted as he smirked.

"Yeah, yeah just get it. Hurry up. I still need to buy her gift."

He smiled to himself before we heard some whispering and laughter coming from a few rows down. Both of our heads perked up at the sound, I noticed his face went blank before he pushed me in front of him.

"Go towards the register. Go! Go!" He whispered behind me. We started to shuffle towards the front of the store.

———————————————

"I guess your disguise didn't work out after all." I snickered at him, the Barnes & Nobles bag swinging from his hands.

"Oh shut up dickwad." He told me, his face looking at his phone.

"Oh dude their plane is landing in an hour, let's go." He informed me. Panic began to rush in my body as we looked at a mall guide.

"Why don't you get her clothes?"

"Nah her style is unexplainable."

"Some candles?"

"She'll want a peach scented one."

"Nevermind."

"How about you get her some jewelry?"

My head shot up, that does sound good.

"That's great, where should we go?"

"Umm...they only have Pandora here. It's across the mall, next to JcPenny."

"Okay let's go."

Relief washed over me as I finally figured out a gift for my best friend. We had rushed into an elevator, unoccupied, when a thought came to head.

"Hey shouldn't we get something for Louis?" I asked Tim. He shook his head.

"Nah, he's not the one receiving the news." I nodded my head at that, agreeing.

"I wonder if things are gonna be different. They were gone for two weeks, that's the longest we've gone without each other." The elevator opened, we exited, walking in the direction of Pandora.

"Hmm I doubt it, but there'll definitely be change, not between the group though, between them two." He told me. I thought for a second.

"Wait what do you mean?" I asked him.

"Dude are you blind?" Tim stopped walking for a second and stared at me. "They like each other."

That was news.

"Wait no they don't. Stop playing." I started walking again and stopped when I realized Tim wasn't following.

I turned back to see his hand on his hip, his body slightly to the side and a look telling me I'm stupid planted on his face.

"How do you even know?" I asked him.

"She told me." He said blankly.

I looked at him offended, "She never told me! And how do you know if Louis likes her back?" 

"Dude it's so obvious he likes her back. He made her a charm bracelet! And plus they kissed on their last night when we were on that hill." I thought back to the night on the hill. Don't remember any kissing.

I shook my head at him, "I didn't see any kissing." He flicked my head.

"You're just blind." I winced and rubbed the spot.

"Hey that hurt!" I told him as he was walking a lot faster than me.

"Good, also we're here." We stood in front of Pandora.

"Are you sure they like each other?" I asked him again. His face looking down at the boxes of jewelry. He nodded his head in assurance.

I sighed, I'm her best friend...why didn't she tell me?

"Hi, may I help you guys?" I looked up to see a dressed up lady smiling at us from behind the counter.

"Hi do you have any name necklaces?"