13. The Cells It Is Then

Start from the beginning

"I can't say it was a very pleasant greeting." I reply, my tone filled with hate and disgust.

She shrugs her shoulders, expecting that response from me because she knows her brother all too well, "He can be quite aggressive and argumentative, he gets it from our Mum."

Interesting...

"Anyways, I have to get back but you need to have a bath, it's just passed that door," she quickly points behind me, where I see a door on the right side of the wall. "These clothes might not fit perfectly but they're certainly better than what you're wearing now."

"Care to wager." I grumble under my breath, making her frown.

"It's up to you what you choose to do, I won't force you but my Alpha might." She sighs before silently leaving the room and locking the door again.

Fuck, I hate that she's most likely right. One way or another, Torben's going to come back and force me to do whatever he wants. Frowning, I look back at the door where Josephine said a bath was already made. I do feel gross and being bathed and clean will help me get my head straight, which I need in order to speak to Torben without letting him get to me.

Here goes nothing.

Getting up and grabbing the pile of clothes that Josephine left, I take them with me to the other room. The room has been made up of tiles, making it completely waterproof with a metal tub filled with warm water in the middle. Around the edges of the tub, there are cleaning products such as soap and some towels.

The tub looks inviting and I'm dying to dive into the warm water and wash the stench of filth from my skin.

I quickly untie and kick off my boots before carefully removing my wet clothes and climbing into the tub. A relaxed sigh leaves my lips as soon as I sink my body into the water, relishing the sensation of the water pulling the stress from my body. My head automatically leans back and for a moment I forget that I'm here against my will, my mind wondering as the water soothes my tight muscles.

And like everything, my little moment of relaxation comes to an end when I become aware that Torben will be back soon and I need to hurry. Glancing over at the cleaning products, I grab a bottle of vanilla scented soap and a red cloth. It only takes but a moment to quickly drag the cloth all over my body, scrubbing beneath my arms and in-between my legs.

Next is my hair, lathering it in soap before rinsing it until it's fairly damp. I reluctantly climb out when I'm done, the cold air circling my body, causing my nipples to harden and goosebumps to cover my arms and legs. I grab a towel that's hanging on the wall and rush to dry my body before getting dressed into the black trousers and grey shirt. The clothes are loose fitting but really comfortable, making me feel more relaxed than I thought I could here.

I quickly grab my boots and leave the room, jumping when my eyes snap to Torben sitting at the edge of his bed, intensely staring back at me.

My distaste surfaces as I bend down to place my boots on the ground, putting them on and kneeling down to tie them, "So," I start, while tying my other boot, "What are you planning to do with me?"

Please tell me he has an answer this time. I can't handle dealing with the unknown.

His eyes flash darkly, stating, "It all depends on how this next conversation is going to go."