Ironwood: Cease fire. Manta squads, concentrate on secondary hostiles. Command is working on a solution for the creature.

Winter: What do you have in mind, sir?

Ironwood: We aren’t making any progress attacking the thing from the outside. But from the inside, it could be vulnerable. Science team is putting together a bomb. When it’s ready, we’ll drop it off as close to the target as possible. Then, your team will deliver it on foot. Sending your rendezvous coordinates now.

Throughout Ironwood's order, Winter's face goes through a cycle of emotions: pensiveness, horror, denial, and finally, resolution.

Winter: Of course, sir. We will hold the point and we will get it done.

Laura, Yang, Jaune, and Ren are taken aback.

Jaune: But Oscar’s in there!

Yang: You can’t do this!

Deadpool: (tearing his wrists by pulling his hands out of the Bolas) Wow! I'm really looking forward to the better and gentler Atlas!

As Yang struggles to break away from Elm and Vine's grasp, Winter's expression changes back to one of regret. Her right hand trembles before she steadies it by clenching her fist.

Meanwhile, within Monstra's throne room, Salem is directing her Grimm by making sweeping gestures with her arms, similar to an orchestra conductor. Emerald is spying on her from a short distance away. She seems conflicted about the present situation, steels herself, then leaves the room. In the hallway, she encounters Victor.

Emerald looks down and sees his fingers that have blood on them.

Victor: You must be the girl with the mind-tricks.

Emerald: Y-Yeah, what's it to you?!

Victor approaches closer and leans down to her level. He sniffs her face as Emerald faces to the side and closes ome of her eyes while the other looks at Victor. He then chuckles deeply before standing up straight again.

Victor: I can smell your fear, Mind-tricks. (walks away before glancing over his shoulder) And you're full of it when you see me.

Emerald waits until he's gone and runs.

Behind a closed door, she overhears Oscar Pine's physical torture at the hands of Hazel Rainart, and puts her ear to it to eavesdrop. In the room, Oscar is suspended off the floor by his wrists. His blood drips onto the floor.

Hazel: That stunt you pulled. She’d have killed you if you didn’t just pop up somewhere else. Still, you can make things easier on yourself if you start telling the truth.

He walks up to Oscar, who has a black eye, is bruised in several places, and has clothes peppered with dried blood, dirt, and scorch marks. Ozpin speaks through the boy.

Ozpin: You’ve never wondered why she recruited you? You, specifically, to help her find the Relics.

Hazel: We share a vision. She’s gonna create a new world order, no Kingdoms...

Hazel steps close to Oscar, almost nose-to-nose.

Hazel: ...and no Huntsmen Academies.

Ozpin: (chuckles) New world order. No. When Salem gets all four Relics, there will be no world left at all. Don’t you get it? She’s been alive longer than you can comprehend. All she craves now is release. Death.

Hazel punches Oscar, sending him swaying by his wrists.

Hazel: Stop lying! Salem can’t be killed.