"Look Annabeth, can't you just trust? I have a good reason, I can't tell you yet. But this is important," I reply.

"Fine, this better be good," she says.

We walked into the hotel and I went straight to the Lobby desk and asked for a key under my name.

"Rhea, why do you have a room under your name?" Grover asks.

"I don't know. All I know is that we have to go up there," I reply.

Annabeth took out her weapon while we were on the elevator, prepared for battle. I didn't want to tell her that it won't be necessary, she'll ignore me anyway.

My key card opened the door, and we stepped into one of the most beautiful hotel rooms I've ever seen. Not that I've ever been in a hotel. Dad's palace is way better, prettier and bigger.

"Woah, I can get used to this," Grover said, grin broadening.

"Grover, we have to be on our guard. We already missed the bus. This could be a monster trap," Annabeth tells Grover.

I heard a snap of fingers and both Grover and Annabeth fell unconscious. Turning to the sound I see Aunt Persephone lazing on the bed.

"They finally shut up," Aunt Persie says, walking towards me and embracing me in a hug.

"Auntie Persie, not that I'm not happy to see you, but why am I here? My friends won't like me once they wake up," I tell her.

I swear I could've heard her say, 'if they wake up,' but that could just be my imagination.

"Years ago the Fates came to see your uncle Hades, who wanted to remove his children from the Lotus Hotel and told him to wait until you came here. You see, Rhea, this place is like a prison. Whoever stays here, never leaves, never ages. What feels like minutes to you, is actually hours. And hours are in reality, days. Seventy years ago, Hades had two children, this was before the oath, and in a time where he and I hated each other. Their names are Nico and Bianca di Angelo," she tells me.

"You interfered because you saw we weren't coming here," I state.

"Your Uncle was worried that if you didn't come here, then he couldn't take his children out from this place," she says.

At least I didn't have to face Medusa.

"So, now that I'm here, can we leave then? I do have a quest to go on," I said.

"You're coming to the Underworld anyway, Rhea. You still have a few days left. Let's have some fun. Just you and I," she says, batting her eyes.

"What about my friends?" I asked.

"Don't worry, they'll be asleep until we come back," she replies nonchalantly.

"That doesn't make me feel better," I reply and she laughs.

Guess what we did! Shopping and more shopping. You would think that a goddess can conjure things up with their minds. And she can, I did ask. But she enjoys the experience. It's the same with my step-mother, she likes shopping just as much as Persephone does.

After three hours of shopping in Nevada, we stopped a small café. She bought me lunch and started speaking about the camp.

"Are there any boys there that you like?" she asks, and I scrunch my face.

"No, besides, have you seen how dad reacts to the mention of boys. He gets this evil look in his eyes."

"Oh, I've seen it alright," she replies. "How is your first quest going so far?"

"It's great. We haven't had any trouble along the way, which is great. Apparently, most quests end in death, or demi-gods wishing they were dead," I reply.

"Huh, you're right. Normally there are a lot of deaths. You're quite lucky. Especially with your father glaring at anyone who might attempt to derail your quest. He has barely left Olympus, especially keeping a close eye on Zeus and his kids."

"You're Zeus's kid too," I stated.

"Yes, but I'm the one who really loves her baby cousin/niece," she said. "The others want to take Poseidon down, and they know his weakness now. You."

"The other gods might scare me. But dad is scarier than all of them. Have you seen him angry before? I've barely seen a fraction of his anger and he was terrifying. I can die, I'm mortal, that's a given. I'll be able to see you more often if I die though," I tell her.

"Let's not speak of your death, okay? But you're right, your father is terrifying. And that is why no one has made a move yet," she said.

"Good, I hope they stay away forever then," I told her.

"Rhea, the Fates have spoken to you before, right? What did they tell you?" she asks me unexpectedly.

Startled, I stutter, "I...uh...they...nothing..."

She takes my hand, "Rhea, what did they say to you?"

"I don't know if I can tell you," I say, looking down into my cup.

"Is there anything that you want to tell me?" she asks kindly.

"Yeah," I whisper.