008 | Lunch 'Date'

Start from the beginning

God really said if you are going to ever find your special someone, their personality is all I'm gonna let you have. 

But when I think about it like that, I've never even had the privilege to see my older self in the mirror. But when I walk pass the mirror in my bathroom, it just radiant's bad bitty energy. So I'm not really worried in my department and that's on confidence. 

A loud horn blare is heard outside and I hear my name being called. It's Ace. 

I give Tiffany a big hug. Then I slip on my shoes. Grabbing my lipgloss and cane as I rush to head out the door. 

Ace came a little bit earlier then I thought he would. Any later and my brothers would be here right now from work. 

As I walk outside I feel someone grabbing my arm and helping me get into the car.

A gentleman. 

I smile at his sweet gesture. 

But my smile is replaced with utter confusion and fascination as he squeezes my thighs to ask if I'm comfortable. 

I give a little nervous smile and nod to him. Knowing that he is starring right at me. 

At this very moment I am glad I can't see. 

The whole ride to lunch was nice. After the brief moment of him grabbing my thigh, he actually apologized. He didn't want me to be uncomfortable with him. Which made my heart soar but I can't let myself get to attached yet. It's only been a few minutes. I have to make him work for it. 

I laugh at his chessy pick up lines and smile as we come to a stop somewhere. I'm excited but also really nervous. 

This would be my first 'date' ever in life. So I'm defiently freaking out. But today I'm gonna be a cool cat around Ace. I need to know more about him. To see if he is a yes zone or a no go zone. 

Ace comes over to my side of the car, after he gets out, to help me get out. He grips my waist and lifts me like I weight nothing. 

I put that in my brain as a side note.   Ironman stength. 

The next thing Ace does is grab my hand and opens the door for me to go into the place. I smile at this. He's doing good so far. 

My cane is lightly put into my hand by Ace. I blush a little because I totally forgot about it. He makes me forget about things. But it makes me happy that he got it for me. 

Ace took me to a place called Randy's. Apparently they have the best bread sticks and pasta on this side of earth. Boy was he right. The food was amazing. I kinda went all out and got a basket of bread sticks,pasta,barbecue wings,and a vanilla icecream. It was only suppose to be lunch and I ate all that. Ace didn't judge me though. He just chuckled and asked for the same thing as me but instead of vanilla icecream, he got chocolate, he said he likes his things to have flavor. 

We ate and laughed so hard, I thought we would faint from all the laughter. If that's even possible. It was so natural. Being with him felt natural. 

I learned more about him too.

Ace's favorite flavor of icecream is chocolate. 

I asked him what his favorite color was. He asked me to take off my glasses for a second so he could see my eyes. I blushed but did what he said. He said light brown. I smiled and moved on with the questions. 

Ace has his own place. He said it was more safer for his mother and sister that way. When I asked why he shut down and said next set of questions. 

So I asked him about his repuation at school. The way his fingers thumped on the table, I could tell it was a touchy subject. All he ended up saying about it was that not all the things they say are true. His vague answer did not clear any doubt in my mind. It only added more confusion and curiosity about the subject. I moved on though to another question. 

He told me about his mom and his dad not getting along. 

After a while of me asking him a bunch of questions, I felt it was only right that I answer some myself. 

I told him about how possessive my brothers and uncle are. 

I told him my favorite color was yellow. 

I told also told him about my struggles with being blind. 

I put everything out there. I hope it doesn't come back to bite me. 

The rest of the day went by so perfect. We went to the local beach, laid down, and enjoyed the suns rays. 

More laughter,hand holding,and talking. 

It felt to go to be true. 

I don't think this lunch 'date' was out of pity. 

I think it was simply a way for him to get to know me too. A fellow player knows how another player does it. Like the saying goes boys can play the game but the girls invented the cheap codes. Meaning guys can play the game. But girls can play better. Even though mean have gotten better at it now a days. There are rules and standards to the game that men fail to even half way reach.  

Best not offical lunch date I have ever been on.