"Are you almost done with your work for today??" I glanced over at the slowly shrinking piles of parchment on his desk.

You sent Farlan away but there's still a lot more to do-

I haven't been in here either-

I've been ripping my hair out over the letter.

"I thought you would have more to go over, I'm not done but this is as good of a time as any to stop," Levi leaned back in his street, stretching.

LIKE A CAT <3 HES A KITTY

"Levi ???? Taking a break ???? THIS IS A FIRST <3"

WOWOWOW WHAT SHOULD WE DO ????

"I've taken breaks before," he rolled his eyes at me.

SURE YOU HAVE-

"When was the last time you took a break?"

IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT YOU HAVE IN THE PAST- IT MATTERS HOW RECENT IT WAS.

"That's beside the point," he paused, "I'm taking one now, don't make a big deal out of it."

"So I'm just supposed to sit here and act watch you die from exhaustion???"

I'M TRYING TO BE NICE & CARING <3

"Why should you care?"

HUH ??? BC IM NICE ??? BC YOU'RE ATTRACTIVE ??? BC YOU HAVE A LOT OF MONEY ???

"Why do you think that I'm just a horrible person?" I grumbled, meeting Levi's piercing gaze, "I'm going to go back thinking that you're a vampire if you keep this up."

not that i've ever stopped <3

the fact that he thinks that I don't care is slightly offensive :////

and or incredibly sad-

"I never said anything about you being a horrible person, it just doesn't make sense for you to care."

WHAT

"Do you even hear what you're saying?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"You act like I'm some awful person who's only hanging around you for money or something."

It's insulting-

"That's not what I'm saying at all," a deep frown appeared on Levi's face.

"Ok? Then what are you saying?"

It doesn't sound like you're saying anything good.

"I'm telling you to stop pretending to care if you don't, it's not an attack of your character- don't get upset about it."

IM UPSET BECAUSE I DO CARE

"The fact that you're ok with it is what makes me upset," I scowled. "It's depressing that you're ok with it- and even more insulting that you think I'm only in this for my own benefit."

SURE ITS CONTRACTUAL BUT WE'RE FRIENDS

Levi stared at me in silence- taken aback.

"I wouldn't have gone looking for you the other day if I didn't care, I wouldn't have even asked you to go with me to the festival- I would've gone by myself," I continued.

BUT I DIDN'T- AND I DONT WANT TO DO IT ALONE BECAUSE I CARE

"You make it seem like you don't care," I trailed off.

Do you?

"Of course I care I'm not an assho-"

.

"Yeah, exactly."

"I'm sorry Y/N," he murmured after a long pause.

"It's fine, I'm going to leave now," I stood up from my desk, heading towards the door.

That didn't feel good at all.

"Wait Y/N-"

"What's wrong?"

"Take this," Levi reached into his desk pulling out a package, wrapped in red cloth, a gold ribbon tied into a bow at the top of it, "open it in your room." He averted his eyes, coughing and looking awkwardly away.

Are you embarrassed?

"Thank you," I muttered a blush spreading across my features.

What is it-

_______________________

normally i wld have something to say about the chapter but im just so emotionally drained right now.

fuck donald trump for everything that he's done and for enabling white terrorism in the defense of white supremacy.

posting some useful links in the comments.

-ami