𝟮𝟵 - 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗲 | 𝗔𝘄𝗸𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱

Start from the beginning

I knew the museum was empty on weekdays, which was an advantage because we would be able to recognise the guys more easily. But yet, this time we had absolutely no description on the people we had to look for. We didn't know if there was going to be security guards at all and I was freaking out already.

My plastered brain was struggling with thinking at the moment, because the dose of marijuana in my system was messing with me.

In fact, I wasn't even trying to think. I was too busy laughing at my reflection on the flatscreen.

"Natalie?" Harry showed up from the hallway.

He had tired eyes and messy curls, which was clear evidence that he had just woken up. I mean, yeah, it was around 3 a.m.. He was wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and he was squinting his eyes at me.

"Harry, hey!" I smiled at him, though the words sounded like a slurred mess.

The joint was still in between my fingers, leaving a trail of smoke behind. The smell of the fume was stuck in my nostrils, but I was way too high to even notice.

"What are you doing?" He rubbed his eyes, walking towards the couch and sitting next to me.

"Getting high." I took the joint to my lips. "Have you ever smoked weed?"

Harry directed his eyes to me, which were still half closed, "No."

"Try it." I placed the blunt in front of his face, exhaling my own puff out.

Harry hesitated before hooking his fingers on the spliff and taking it to his mouth. He wrapped his lips around the joint and sucked in a deep intake, seeming as though he needed it more than I did.

Now that I took a minute to look around, I was finally feeling his hand placed on my thigh and part of his body weight next to me. The proximity felt good, I really missed it.

I examined his chiseled side profile as he drew out the smoke, feathering his eyes shut and tossing his head on the backrest of the sofa. He looked so perfect like this, his bedhead appearance was so fucking cute it made me want to scream.

"How many of these have you had?" He motioned his head towards the joint on his hand.

"Four maybe? I really can't remember." I snorted at my own words, but Harry's eyes widened in shock.

"Natalie, that's too many." Harry shook his head lightly, though I really couldn't understand why he cared.

"So?" I shrugged, smirking a bit because the weed had hit me real hard.

I closed my eyes, feeling the tingling spreading all across my body. I liked it, I really did. The feeling was more evident on the place where Harry had placed his hand, and I wasn't sure what that meant.

"So? It's bad for your health, Nat." Harry scuffled. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

"I'm not trying to get myself killed! I just... I like it," I shrugged like a little kid. "I guess I never stopped to think about what the consequences could be. The feeling doesn't... you know, it doesn't hunt me."

Harry shook his head in disapproval, but I couldn't tell what he was feeling. Maybe he was angry? He didn't look like it, and my brain was definitely playing tricks on me.

A single curl fell on his eyes, but he didn't bother to fix it back up. I followed the line of his jaw upwards, noticing for the first time how sharp it actually was.

As an impulse, I raised my hand to trace it. I noticed his muscles tensing at the sudden touch, but he kept his eyes fixated on me while he held the cigarette high on his hand.