Nicalus had been in a better mood since the party and I believed it had something to do with a familiar man Sharona had sunk her claws in. There was something brewing there but we had yet to hear back from the nerds at the bureau so we had to lay low, our eyes opened.

Ding... Ding...

The large clock overhead rang and the guests cheer as they notice it was ten minutes to the New Year. They started to make their way towards the large balcony to watch the fireworks, stumbling over their feet.

Dyan smiled widely turning to me before gesturing with her head towards the staircase. "Let's get out of here before I'm spotted. I know a better place to watch the fireworks."

She didn't wait on me to reply before sneaking up the stairs and I found myself shaking my head. Her cheery mood was evident and contagious.

I placed the tray on a table before looking around the room and making my way up the stairs. Her parents, fiancé and even Sharona were all distracted by the impending lightshow so I took my chance. Fel was the only one to catch my gaze and she gave me a 'thumbs up' before following the other servers towards the large glass windows.

I have you covered. It said and I had nodded in thanks.

I walked down the hall following the sound of Dyan's heels tapping on the floor. The shimmering gold vest I wear cast the light from the torch lamps onto the walls and décor making me look like a walking disco ball.

"Catch me!" Dyan's voice echoed through the hall and I picked up speed smiling at the game she wanted to play.

I ran down the hall taking corners sharply and I caught her as she opened the door to a guestroom. She laughed as I picked her up and spun her around, the door closing behind us.

I placed her to her feet, laughing and she spun around to face me with that breath-taking smile. Her arms reach up to wrap around my neck pulling me forward and my laughter faded, my eyes locked on her sparkling ones.

"You caught me," she whispered stepping closer.

"Yes, I did," I replied wrapping my arms around her waist.

Her body shivered as my fingers brushed her back and her eyes closed momentarily. I took that time to observe her in the lights streaming through the large balcony doors.

Her thick lashes and brows, the green and gold eyeshadow adorning her eyelids, the small mole on her cheek, the high ponytail with kinky curls I wanted to wrap around my hand and her juicy lips covered with red lipstick.

She was perfection.

"Kiss me," she whispered and I was drawn from my daze to see her staring at me.

Her demand resonated in my head and I covered her mouth with mine, just as the fireworks went off outside, cheers accompanying it.

The blast surprised us but my lips did not leave hers as another explosion went off within me. I grabbed her ass with one hand, wrapping her hair around the other and I deepened the kiss. Dyan moaned throatily, gripping my vest as she grinded against me and I plunged my tongue into her mouth, marking my fucking territory.

The sensations travelling through me had me trembling, the pumping of my heart and the searing heat in my chest driving me. I gripped her thigh hiking it onto my hips and she broke away with a moan as her back hit the wall.

I sucked and nibbled her neck, her body quivering against mine.

"J-Jovaughn," she stuttered, gripping my hair and I groaned, her touch turning me on.