The Deenie House 2

Ryle pov

In the morning the first thing we did was to pack our bags and go to David's car. It was still dark and, fog covered the roads. Driving through the woods, goosebumps arrived as the forest became thicker.

I couldn't sleep all night. I tossed and turned around. I woke up minute after minute gasping for air from the same nightmare.

" So, how was your trip? " David asked.

" Trip was good but the house was creepy " Tom replied.

" Jeremiah was not feeling well so we decided to return early," Aston added.

" How are you feeling now Jeremiah? " David asked worriedly.

" Fine " Jeremiah replied looking out the window.

He still looked scared. He wasn't talking much. We recalled about the camp, Tom and Christian added about strange things that happened in Deenie House. Jeremiah wasn't listening to our conversation. He looked lost in his thoughts.

" So Jeremiah, how is your girlfriend? " Christian asked Jeremiah, bringing him out of his thoughts.

" She's good "

Tom and Christian joked around which were lame as always. Who cares though. They were the youngest.

I reached my house in the evening. I missed my house a lot but it was fun with my friends.

__________

Jeremiah pov

Sleep didn't come until early morning. Though it didn't last long. My eyes shot open as I sat up. Damn, this thing followed me back. It was dark and strangely quiet. I looked around the room, I couldn't believe I was sweating. My eyes automatically stopped at the door.

The door was open but I remembered locking it from inside. Horror slowly engulfed my bones. I wasn't sure. Did I close the door? I remembered it but.... I don't know.

After getting enough courage I decided to go and close the door. I gently placed my feet down and carefully started walking when someone or rather something grabbed my leg.

The world spiraled in front of me as my body slammed down. My eyes went straight to the thing holding my leg, a bloody bone hand. And in a split second, it was gone.

I lifted the bed sheet with trembling hands and slowly looked under the bed. There was..... nothing. I climbed my bed and covered myself with the blanket.

With shaky hands I dialed Ryles' number.

"Please pick up Ryle."

It was quiet and scary. I didn't know what was in the dark and it scared me. Ryle didn't pick up immediately. And the silence in between was killing me. Slowly driving me insane.

"Why are you calling me late at night Jeremiah" I sighed in relief after hearing his voice. Of course, he was sleeping. He wouldn't ignore my calls.

"I felt someone's presence in my room" my voice came out shaky.

"Jeremiah you are stressed.listen to me now take a deep breath. Don't think of anything else-" I closed my eyes and followed his voice. It calmed my mind a lot. " -Now go to sleep,".

"Goodnight Ryle"

___________

Aston pov

"You think there was someone in your bedroom? " I asked Jeremiah. Has he finally lost his mind.

" I'm not sure "

"Guys you know, today someone caught my hand in the basement when I went to hide my sister's doll, but when I turned around no one was there, so I ran away ", Tom said shivering.

" Really ?" Christian rolled his tongue sarcastically.

" Yes", Tom replied in the same tone.

We said our goodbyes as we all went to our classes. Jeremiah has been looking sick recently. He even came to my house late at night. Saying he didn't feel safe at home.

Which was rather new. Since he always stayed at home alone. His parents are out most of the time. And his brother lives in a dormitory.

David was busy today so we were walking home together. We all got an invitation to a party. Jeremiah didn't want to go because he said he was not in the mood but we wanted him to enjoy with us.

"I don't think your crazy imaginary ghost will come to a party, I mean ghosts don't party do they" Christian joked and laughed like a madman.

"Christian I'm serious!"

"Forget that crawling ghost and let's party!" Christian hooped his hand around Jeremiah. Jeremiah was tall which made Christian appear like a hanging ghost.

Jeremiah laughed at Christian teasing his short frame. This was the first time I saw him smiling after the vacation.

___________

Jeremiah pov

Bright disco lights and crazy teens surrounded me. My friends forced me to come to this party. So now I'm sitting here waiting for my girlfriend. I wonder why she's still not here.

I got up and walked towards the basement. I want to check whether she could appear here. I opened the door and looked inside, it was dark inside the basement.

"Deenie!" I stood on the stairs and called out. Nothing happened.

I started walking back upstairs when I felt a chill on my back. I turned around to see someone standing at the end of the stairs. I froze for a moment, the way she stood was creepy. Her disfigured skin desperately hanged on her bones. I ran out of the basement pushing past people.

"Jeremiah what happened"

"Leave me!"

"Jeremiah stop!"

"Please leave me alone!!!"

I pushed past them and ran out of the house. I didn't know where I was running to. I just wanted to get away from that place. Anywhere but here.

____________

Ryle pov

I don't know what happened to Jeremiah he ran out after a few minutes in the party.

"Aston, did you call Jeremiah?"

"He's not replying, he didn't even tell his parents about this!" Aston replied frustrated.

"I think he's gone mad", Tom interrupted in between.

"Let's meet up tomorrow" I sighed. We'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

We went home soon after. After the incident with Jeremiah, we didn't feel like enjoying anymore.

___________

Aston pov

I don't know what happened to Jeremiah. He changed after his breakdown at the Deenie house. He seems paranoid all the time. Saying Deenie is following him, watching him.

I mean we all said her name. We all called for her. Why is he the only one getting tormented by her.

Now why is my own rooming looking scary. My bedroom door was open. I remembered closing it before going to bed. Maybe mon and dad left it open when they came to check on me. I closed the door shut before going back to sleep.

___________