Chapter 1: The Invitations

Valentina's POV:

It was an ordinary day.

I was at home, scrolling through Instagram and seeing if Joey Graceffa had posted on social media. 

I've been a fan of his for a while now and had been enjoying his content since freshman year. I'm 18 now.

Whilst I was becoming lost in my thoughts, I heard the doorbell and jumped out of my skin.

"Jeez, man; no need to give me a goddamn heart attack!" I murmured under my breath, going to answer it.

I supposed it to be my landlord, so it surprised me when I notice a post lady holding a gold envelope at the door.

"Um, hello?" I asked, raising one eyebrow and tilting my head to the side as I leaned against the door frame.

"Yes, I have a letter for Miss Valentina Amore, if you know her." She said, looking at the envelope.

"Yeah, that's me. Thanks, I guess." I respond, taking the envelope.

Before I could even get a 'You're welcome', the post lady had walked away.

Is today going to get any weirder? I hope not.

I sat back down, opened the letter, and read it.

"To Valentina Amore, congratulations! You are the winner of my giveaway. As your prize, I wish for you to come and celebrate my birthday with me and my friends at the Delamont Carnival."

I froze in shock.

Did I... win Joey Graceffa's giveaway?

I began jumping up and down and squealing. I won Joey's giveaway and was going to meet him and all his friends.

My dream was coming true.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator/3rd Person POV: (Sorry for the sudden change)

"Delamont ended up lost in time years ago, before I inherited my 1920s estate."

"You mean the house of bloody murder, right? Whatever, I'm still going; I have nothing better to do." Oli said, shrugging.

"But though its carnival is now uncovered, the naked eye has yet to see it."

"OK, this sounds like a nice outing, Veronica!" Vanessa stated, Veronica nodding and smiling in agreement.

"There is a ritual that can take us across time to the town, but to make it work, you must take on a persona and dress like them."

"Well, I do like to dress up every now and again. This is going to be fun." Lizzie declared, stroking her cat Buddy whilst reading the letter.

"You must carry nothing from the modern world or the ritual will not work."

"Oh, so we're going to a place lost in time to celebrate a birthday? Sounds wicked, I'm down!" Lia yelled.

"Tonight," Zach and Megan read together,

"The gateway to Delamont will be open and only on that night will we be able to celebrate."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Megan questioned, worry painted on her face.

"Babe, it's a harmless birthday party. What could go wrong?" Zach comforted.

"See you there," Gear and Lana read,

"It will be a night to remember. -Joey."

"OK, now this is my kind of party!" Gear commented.

"Yeah, we should go. Besides, it's not like we've got anything to do tomorrow, anyway." Lana said in agreement.

They all couldn't wait to go to Delamont...