F O U R T Y S E V E N

Start from the beginning

Sirius crossed his arms and sunk down into the chair. "I didn't think about what would happen alright. He kept asking where we go every once in a while so I told him."

"Oh, Sirius, it was just a big accident. Is that why he isn't here? Is he upset with you?"

"That's one word for how Remus is feeling towards him right now." Peter chuckled.

"Shut up." Sirius threw a pillow at him.

"Wait why do you need Remus?" James asked his little sister.

"I'm going to tell him before I tell you guys."

"Now I want to know." Sirius sat up.

"Too bad." Madeline said as she turned back for the portrait door.

~

She bumped into Alyssa and Cam around a corner, she told them she was going to find Remus and so they opted to just go back to the common room having heard about his mood today, they didn't want any part of that.

Madeline wondered through the halls and peeked her head through multiple doors to find the tall dirty blonde haired boy. It wasn't till she decided to check outside of the castle that she found him. He was down by the lake, most likely skipping rocks from what she could see.

She hurried down the hill. "Remus!" She called out.

He turned around and looked at her before turning back to the lake, throwing a rock instead of skipping it.

"How are you doing?" She asked when she got to him.

"Just great." He chucked another rock.

"I hear about last night. I'm sorry, but he didn't mean for anyone to get hurt I'm sure."

"If he didn't then why did he send Snape down there? He knows I have no control and would and could easily hurt anything that isn't another animal."

"Rem, I can't say I know what went through his head when he thought that would be a good idea, but he didn't mean to make you almost kill a boy."

"Whatever, it still happened." He sighed.

"You know what? I'm not going to get involved in this. You stay mad at him however long you want. I have something to show you." She said unzipping her bag.

"What?" He said unamused.

She pulled out one of the tall vials. "This."

"Blue liquid. How cool." He turned his gaze away from her.

"Quit being a Debby downer and let me tell you what it is."

"What is it?" He swung his head back around to look at her with a fake smile on his face.

She rolled her eyes before explaining. "This bad boy right here, I spent 9 months working on it. And today I finally nailed it. This is the answer to all your problems. Well not all, but it'll help, you can call me your fairy godmother now."

"Well what is it?" He stepped closer to her and lifted her hand that was holding the vial up so he could inspect it.

"This is what we like to call Aconite. Also known as wolfsbane potion."

"Wait, you mean- this is actually-"

"Mhm." She smiled and nodded her head.

"Oh my Merlin." He chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her and lifted her up off the ground a few inches. "Thank you."

"Of course." She chuckled.

"I've heard about this and I would've done it myself but the ingredients are expensive and I don't think I could've pulled it off anyways."

"Yeah well I might as well put my parents money to something useful. And I wanted to do this, for you. I have a few bottles, you need to take a little bit 7 days prior to the full moon, all seven days. And it's going to taste horrible and it might sting on the way down your throat, but hopefully it'll be worth it."

"Hopefully?"

"Well I'm pretty sure it'll work and reduce pain levels and make your night less miserable, but there's a small chance it won't work. But I'm pretty sure it will."

"How sure?"

"99.99% sure. It would be 100% if I didn't have a little bit of doubt."

"Alright. I'll take those odds" he chuckled.

"And here are the rest of them- or since you don't have a bag I'll keep them in here till we get back to the common room."

"Perfect. Thank you again, this really means a lot. Like I'm seriously so thankful for you right now."

"Like I said, now I'm your fairy godmother." She laughed.

"Yes you are." He grabbed her shoulders and kissed her cheek. "I owe you big time."

"You don't owe me anything. This is my treat to you, that will last the rest of your life." She nodded her head with a chuckle.

~

The two of them walked back to the common room together. Remus was still pissed at Sirius but he was in a better mood. They told the news to the rest of their group and they were all just as excited for the boy.

For seven/six years now they all watched him suffer every month, some nights were worst than others. But all nights were bad. There wasn't really such thing as a good full moon. The boys being with him every full moon makes things a bit better so he's not lonely. But they don't ease the pain, and hopefully with this new potion, some of that pain will come to ease.

He has enough right now for the next couple of months so she won't have to make more till she's back at Hogwarts next year. Then she'll just send them with an owl to the boys. Maybe now she'll get her own pet since James' owl won't be there next year. A lot won't be there next year.