A Thread Of Gold

A poor shoemaker came to the king's court for desperate measures, telling the king he had a daughter, a beautiful one that can spin straw into gold. The shoemaker having to make such a lie, brought his daughter with him and in exchange for his daughter he would receive 300 pounds of gold for himself. The king thought long and hard and accepted the shoemakers bargain.

Later that night the poor girl was thrown into a sewing room. "You have tonight to spin these straws into gold, if they are not as I requested then not only will I have your head but your father's as well. " The king bids himself farewell and leaves, leaving the poor girl hopeless. As she was crying she heard the door creek open. "Now why are you crying child?" She turns towards the figure to see man hiding in the shadows. "I must spin straw into gold, though I have no power to do so," she cries. "What will you give me if I do it?" Asked the man. "My necklace," she says while grasping it. Just like that he steps out reveling himself, tall yet lanky, eyes big one blue one brown, with hair of horse, and old with age. He reaches his hand and snatches the necklace out of her grasp, soon he begins his threading and like that it all turns to gold.

The king returns stunned and filled with enjoyment, the king direct his servants to bring in more thread. "Turn these as well, I will be back in the morning to see your work," he reply's while grinning with greed. Once again she cries. "What's wrong?" She turns to see the same man in the corner. "I must spin this into gold," she looks down to her hands, with a single tear streaking down her cheek. "What will you give me this time?" He asks while swiping the tear away gently. "I have a ring ," she says. He looks down to her hand and pulls the ring off while putting it on to his own. Once again as the night before, he spins away turning each straw into gold.

She waits for the king hoping this will be her last task. The door swings open, in walks the king with a smile on his face. "Impressive girl, once more will you," the king says, as he brings more straw into the room.

Tears stream her face. "What's the matter child?" she feels his hands smoothing her hair as his finger wipes her tears off her cheek. Looking into his eyes. "The king wishes me to spin more gold," she says while looking down. Lifting her head up with his hand. "What will you give me?" He whispers. "I-I have no more to give," she sobs. As he thinks, he can't help but notice her impeccable beauty, slowly he leans in. "I'll spin more gold, only if you give me yourself in return," with shocked eyes, she begins to stutter only stopping with the press of his lips upon hers. "Is that a yes?" He smirks. "I-I can't," she says. "Oh, but you will." And like that he begins to thread.

Standing in the shadows and watching him spin was magical, so in tuned she didn't realize he was done. Removing himself from the stool, he reaches for her. "Close your eyes," he tells her and she does. Opening her eyes she sees she's no longer in the sewing room but in a master bedroom. "Haha, you look frightened" he laughs. "What will you do with me?" She asks. "Everything," he whispers into her ear, while slowly kissing the crook of her neck and sliding his hand down her back. "No," she cries. "If you guess my name, then I let you go," he tells her. All the while, she guesses name after name, as he lifts her to the bed kissing her breasts. Paralyzed with fear, she looks around hoping to get an idea of his name. Looking up above on the ceiling, there engraved near the light was RUMPELSTILTSKIN...she whispers. "What did you say," he whispers angrily. "Rumpelstiltskin," and with a yell he jumps off her yelling bloody murder, throwing everything in sight. Finally calming down and resting his head upon the window. "You may go," he tells her. Without moving she asks him to look at her, seeing such sadness within his eyes she feels a grip against her heart. "Kiss me," she whispers...