Lost and Found

"Hansel, Gretel!" Father shouts, we run to the kitchen. "Yes father?" Asks Gretel, he stares with no expression in his eyes. "Come with me to the woods," he says. Gretel and I look at one another. "Why?" We asks. "Because I said," we make our way through woods not saying a word, ever since mother died, father had turned different...scary different. Then all of sudden we stopped. "Why have we stopped?" Asked Gretel. I look at father, seeing him reach for his pistol near his side. "It's your fault she's dead!" Father yells. My eyes go wide, as Gretel screams. The pistol is pointing to the front of my head. I begin to cry pleading for father to not shoot me. "Snap!" We turn our heads to see a giant wolf appear and lash itself onto father, I grab Gretel's hand. "Run," I tell her. We've managed to stop by a near by creek, but realize we're lost and have know where to go. "I'm hungry," cries Gretel. "Don't worry we'll find a way out, and hopefully find a near by village." I assure her, but she sobs, I move closer wrapping my arms around her whispering how everything is going to be okay. Walking for hours which felt like days was tiring, with our stomachs grumbling and our thirst taking over as well. "Look!" Shouts Gretel, I look to where she points on the ground lay little gumdrops. I look to her and suggest we follow the little trail.

We soon approach a small cottage, that smelt of cinnamon and was covered with every delicious treat and pastry you could ever imagine. I lick my lips, as Gretel stomach growls. "You don't think that whoever lives here would mind if we took a bite." Gretel says. I shake my head. "Let's go for it," we run to the two pillars that were covered in chocolate, licking up and down. "This is amazing!" I yell joyfully. "Excuse me," we stop and look up to see a woman, a beautiful woman that is. "S-s-sorry miss," Gretel chokes out. "We were hungry and lost our way," I say while looking down. "Hahaha!" She laughs, well come on in. As soon as we step in we're hit with the most amazing smell. "What's that smell?" I ask. "That would be dinner," she says. All around us is old furniture with colors plastered everywhere, covered with gems and more pastries. "Now tell me why's their two little children lost, do you not have a parent with you?" The woman asks. Gretel looks down with tears rimming her eyes. "Our mother died not to long ago, and as for our father he brought us out here to kill us." She looks away. "Well you're most welcomed to stay here," Gretel and I bounce in joy. "Thank you!" We say while bringing her down into a hug.

We start to set the table as Gretchen as she called herself, came with our dinner. "Mmm, smells good," Gretel says, Gretchen smiles. "Eat up," she tells us and trust me, we did. After eating about five plates full, she ushers us to bed near the foyer to keep worm. "Goodnight my little darlings," while giving us a kiss on each cheek. "Goodnight," we say.

"Hansel," Gretel calls. "What?" I answer. "I'm still hungry," I look at her baffled, then my stomach growls, we laugh silently. As we tip toe back into the kitchen to see that we still had leftovers, I grab Gretel's plate to place some of our delicious dinner on to it. Though stopping with shock, to see fathers head well at least what's left of it in the pot. Gretel screams and I throw up. "What's going on?!" Yells Gretchen, though stopping to see why and laughs . "Why are you laughing! You fed us our father!" I yell moving towards Gretel putting a protective arm around her. "No I didn't, what I fed you is over there," she points to the counter top, I look over to see it is in fact there. "Well why is my father's head in that?" I ask shakily. "Because he's my meal for tomorrow, I caught my pray so now he's my lunch." Gretchen smiles reveling fangs. "A wolf killed my father not you," I shriek. "Honey, I am the wolf," and just like that she transforms into the furry black wolf that killed father, but had saved us in the end. "Our you going to cook us to?" Gretel cries. She crawls closer to us bowing her head and licking our feet, soon transforming back into the beautiful woman she once was, bringing us into her arms. "Never," she says...