Chapter Three - "Me and Keith?"

3rd P.O.V

It was the next morning after the sleepover, and you were awoken to the feeling of something next to you, and something around your waist. After many feeble attempts of trying to sit up, you let the idea go, your body sinking back into the soft blankets. Curious as to who was next to you, you turned in your spot, silently praying that meeting the paladins hadn't just been a dream, and you were still in the Galra's clutches. 

Raven hair was the first thing to catch your eyes. His hair was draped slightly over his face, covering his eyes that remained closed. His beauty didn't stop there. His unnaturally long eyelashes rested on his pale skin, the colour difference between the two things contrasting greatly. Your cheeks felt unusually hot, no doubt because of the beauty of the boy next to you. 

Your staring was brought to an end when a pair of piercing violet eyes began to flutter open, looking at you with confusion. The knowledge that you had been caught registered in your mind and, embarrassed, you pried yourself from the boy's arms, rushing to the bathroom to calm yourself down.

In the process, however, you had tripped over the other paladins' sleeping figures, jolting them from their slumber with a start as they watched your retreating figure with wide eyes.

"Y/n? What's going on?", you heard Pidge call out, but you had locked the door before she could say anything else. Sitting on the floor, your head in your hands, your embarrassment made you feel almost sick, and you were unable to shake the feeling off. Ignoring the muffled voices from behind the door, you remained in front of the door, still attempting to calm yourself.

Keith, on the other hand, was extremely confused. He wondered why you had moved so quickly, having remembered the flustered look on your face as you ran off to the bathroom. Maybe he had done something to upset you?

"Nice one, Keith. Now you scared my woman! Back off, man!", Lance huffed, crossing his arms.

"She's not 'your woman', Lance,", the ravenette retorted, finding it ridiculous how possessive Lance was being over a person.

"Okay okay, let's not fight, ladies. You're both pretty, chill,", Pidge intervened, a sly looking smirk plastered onto her face. Breathing out angrily, both Lance and Keith scowled at each other.

"So who's gonna check up on her? Anyone?", Hunk questioned to try and break the tense atmosphere. Pidge looked at him and gave a signal, causing him to smile cheekily as he walked over to Keith. 'What are they up to this time? I'm not in the mood for their ridiculous antics and I just wanna punch Lance right now. She's not his property, no one can claim her, even if I do see where he's coming from. She's pretty, but it's no one's right to "own" her,'

He shook his head, ridding himself of the thoughts that plagued him and before he knew what was going on, he found himself facing the bathroom door as the others rushed out, giggling deviously. Hesitating for a moment, Keith rose a hand to knock on the door, pausing for a second before speaking.

"y/n? Can you please come out of the bathroom so we can talk? I don't know what happened earlier, but just know that I'm not mad or upset with you. So please, y/n, come out and talk to me,", he stammered, unsure of what to say. He had never been the best communicator, so he was going off of pure instinct.

Silence remained between the two of them for a while. Keith began to doubt she would leave the bathroom to talk to him anytime soon, but just as he had started to step away, he heard some faint shuffling behind the door, making him pause in his stride and turn back around.

A few seconds later, you emerged from the bathroom, a small smile on your face. As he looked at her, standing in front of him, he couldn't help but admire her smile. It fit her perfectly, in his opinion, and he wanted to see it more often. But, seeing as that was the last of the things he should be thinking of right now, the boy gave a shy smile, stepping back and letting you walk back into the room.