Chapter 46

The plane landed. The next step was done. And there's only one more to go. I grab my luggage and the box, and eventually make it off the plane.

Walking through the airport in those neon orange shirts is super embarrassing but I'm gonna miss it. It reminds me of the trip and that's something I never wanna forget.

Mr J: The bus isn't here yet, so everyone stay together and wait here until it arrives okay?

It was about 9:45 in the morning and the sky was gloomy. When I was in the plane, the sky looked clear because we were above the clouds, but when I'm down here I realize that it's actually a very foggy day. I only have to ride this bus home but Louis has to get on another plane before he can get home. I hold his hand.

I feel Louis scratch the inside of my palm and I bite my tongue. This is it. The last step.

The bus arrives and everyone gets on in an orderly way, single file lines.

Me and Louis sit down again and now I'm really starting to feel it. And I can't tell if he is too.

LOUIS POV

I really hope she wasn't looking at me because my eyes began to water as we sat down. It was starting to feel real. I'm coming to the reality that I'm leaving her in less than 30 minutes.

I feel a tear drop and quickly wipe it from my face in hope that she didn't notice.

But I think she did.

Because only a second after, I felt a hand enter mine, fingers interlocking. And her soft voice.

Y/N POV

The second I saw Louis tear I immediately grab onto his hand. I know this was hard for him. And I know he's trying his best to be strong for me. But boys have emotions too.

Y/n: It's okay baby

I feel a tear fall off my face too and I lean I lean over to pull him into a hug. I hear him gently cry onto my shoulder as I rub his back. Louis is so strong, I can't even begin to explain how proud of him I am. He slowly let's go of the hug and I come in contact with his pink eyes. Tears still building inside of them. It tears me apart.

I lean back against my chair and he does too, but our hands stay connected. I close my eyes but my crying doesn't stop. I try to stay quiet so Louis doesn't worry about me.

I wasn't just worried about leaving Louis. I was worried about what I'd do when Mom isn't strong enough to speak up to dad. What id do when I have to hide my brothers again. What I'd do if dad stole me and ran off again. And how I would do it all without Louis. More tears fall off my cheeks.

Suddenly, Louis speaks up

Louis: I'm so sorry, you shouldn't have to see me like this

I shake my head and rub his hand

Y/n: Louis no, it's okay

He nods and we just sit there. Neither of us is ready. But time isn't gonna slow down for us.

**20 mins later**

The bus starts slowing down and I realize it's my stop. I sit up and begin to cry. Louis bites his lips and a few more tears fall from his face.

I reach over and pull him into a long and tight hug.

Louis: Promise you won't forget me?

I shake my head

Y/n: Louis I am never going to forget you.

He nods and pulls away. He kisses me for the last time, and I stand up.

Y/n: I love you

I grab my suitcase and box

Louis: I love you too

I walks down the aisle, and leave the bus. The air is warm but cold, and my tears stream harder down my face. I turn around and watch the bus as it slowly starts moving again.

And I watch him. His sad eyes through the window as the bus leaves. And I watch him mouth one more time: "I love you"

And then just like that.

He's gone.