The Bank

Drew calms me as he rubs my back and holds me

Drew calms me as he rubs my back and holds me. I don't cry, I am done crying over Pavel. I used to cry every time he left my room and when I got home and told my father, he beat me.

"You are the strongest, smartest, and beautiful both inside and out," Drew tells me. "I believe in you and will stand by you as long as you let me."

My head leaves the crook of his neck and I kiss him quickly. "You're amazing."

"What happened to you was horrible. You didn't deserve that, no one deserves that," he kisses my forehead before looking back at me, smiling, "Are you fluent in Romanian?"

"No," I laugh. "Mamă used to sing to us in Romanian when we were young. Father didn't like it since it was too... I honestly don't know why he didn't like it. Mamă would teach us songs, proverbs, family names."

"What is mate?"

"Suflet pereche is soulmate."

"And what is--"

"I'm not translating every cute, cheesy--"

"I love you."

"What?" I ask, leaning away from him.

"I. Love. You. Maddi."

"I- I-"

"You don't have to say anything."

"Drew," I land a peck on his lips. "I love you too."

&[]

Two weeks have passed and I've started working at a family doctor clinic in the human town

Two weeks have passed and I've started working at a family doctor clinic in the human town. I work mostly long days and a few nights. I have been able to get two other pack members jobs at the clinic; one as a janitor and one as a secretary.

I arrive home to see Jack and Maddi training. I got out of my car and watch as Jack swings at Maddi who dodges and lands one on Jack's stomach. She had been training and working hard. While the pack still wasn't in a good standing, it had slowly improved. The payments from Fifth Night have really helped as a steady income.

Maddi finishes and walks up to me, I kiss her cheek while she wraps her arms around me. "Hey sexy," she smiles before tipping her toes up to give me a quick peck.