Merge of Alphas

I walk outside in the herb garden, hoping my mate stays faithful while alone with my flirt of a brother

I walk outside in the herb garden, hoping my mate stays faithful while alone with my flirt of a brother. I want to be in there, to stand by her side. My wolf wants it more than me. I knew she wasn't ready for me though. She needed space or time, maybe she didn't need me at all.

I mean, she hardly acknowledged my existence. I try to remember what my brother said her first name was. She hadn't used it today, but he told me yesterday. Before I knew who she was to me. Before her scent caught my nose and her cool colored eyes met mine.

"Hey Andy," I turn to see the most annoying girl of the pack, Shenell. She was Lyon's assistant, in more ways then one. I never saw the appeal in Shanell, not her green eyes or her fake blonde hair. And though I've tried to block her advances, she keeps bringing them.

"Hello," I turn back to my garden, hoping she goes away.

She doesn't, she instead kneels beside me and pulls a few weeds, "That new Alpha lady is a bitch. You should have heard the way she talked to me on the phone, Andy."

I try to keep my growl down, but a low rumble escapes me, "I told you not to call me that."

She giggles and rests her hand on my shoulder, "You're silly."

I shrug her shoulder off me and walk away. My garden can wait till later. I had to get away from her obnoxiously scent and clammy hands. As I walk toward the forest, I strip, piling my clothes at the edge.

My wolf breaks through and I start my run. Now, I wasn't a big athletic man, not like other wolves. I preferred the calmer side of life. Gardening, cooking, helping people. That's why I got my biology degree and am working on getting a medical license.

I want to save lives, not take them. Lyon understood that. He helped me get into a good university and would help me study, when he could. He is the best big brother I could ask for, but he can also be the worst. You know, typical brother stuff.

I slow as I reach a small pond. Dad used to take us fishing here when Lyon and I were younger. Fishing was his way of getting out of the Alpha role. He would sit out here all day with a bucket of bait and just relax.

My wolf's head pops up and smells the air. The scent of roses and rain approaches quickly. I stand and turn to face a quick moving grey and white wolf. She stops in front of me, her wolf panting from a hard run.

I squint at her, she should be with Lyon. Why is she all the way out here when her purpose for visiting the pack was to make peace. Her wolf slowly approaches me, but I can't tell who's in control.

I stand still as her head nuzzles under my chin, into my neck. She rubs against me for a few seconds before I lick her ear. Her eyes shot up to look into mine and she touches our foreheads together.

She moves towards the waters edge and lays down. Curling up in a ball I watch her eyes close slightly. I walk up behind her and rest my head on her shoulders as I lay with her.