Chapter 30: I Miss You

Start from the beginning

I missed hanging out with Sonya but it was clear that she had a whole other life that I wasn't apart of. I was completely okay with it because I had mine.

KYLE's POV

With Noah being back on the scene to finish out the season most of us had to step up our game. The scouts were even speaking about his amazing resilience and his ability to step in when Dillon was tired. He's basically been guaranteed to be our starting quarterback next year. Noah actually had just as much playing time as Dillon who was the starting quarterback.

If the pros didn't happen for me I had a job promised within my family's business. I was okay with that but I sure as well wouldn't mind going to the pros. I preferred it in fact. I'm a starting wild receiver and I had begun receiving a lot of calls from scouts. I just needed to make it through our last season next year.

My focus was no longer on females. I mean, yeah I still had an occasional freshman or upper-class cheerleader in my bed but not as often as I used to. Speaking of the devil...

"Hey, asshole" Maddie called out when she saw me. "It's been a while. What do I owe the pleasure?" I asked staring her in the eye. "My parents were wondering why you haven't responded to the RSVP yet" she replied rolling her eyes. "Because I'm not sure if I'm coming," I said fumbling for my keys. "Seriously?" She asked is disbelief. "Yeah, I have plans" I replied getting inside of my car and pulling off.

I left her standing in the parking lot. Maybe a part of me felt played that she was screwing the teammate I hated. Charlie was cutthroat but tried to pretend he was a genuine dude but I saw straight through it. It didn't help that he clearly had a crush on Jakoby. Seemed like everybody could see it but Noah. Besides, I had no desire to go to the Annual Gala this year. I'm sure I'll get roped into it anyway.

She still didn't acknowledge me but Noah was at least cordial. He was now one of our main quarterbacks and it was wise to be on good terms with your wild receivers and running backs. Hell, it was wise for the quarterback to be good with those that were going to protect him on the line too. I guess he had a duty to the entire team if you really think about it.

NOAH's POV

Life was good. Dillon was permanently benched once I returned. Coach Kaine found out he had coerced his goons to set me up to be hit. All it took was watching the footage from the game to confirm his suspicions. All three of them are suspended. They could've killed their careers without even knowing it.

Other than that, Koby and her min had been great at taking care of me. I swear I'm in love with them both these days. It was easy being in their company too. I could easily see how my dad got lost in love with Koby's mom.

I finished my workout early. I grabbed my bag and headed out toward my car.

"What's up Maddie? What are you doing here?" I asked walking from the team's gym. "Our parents wanted to know why Kyle hadn't sent his RSVP for the Gala" she dryly replied. "They thought sending you was a good idea?" I chuckled. "I know! I said the same thing" she replied. "Tell them I'll take the lamb," I said walking away. "You're coming?" She asked surprised. "I promised mom I would. This is me making an effort. "If you're still going to fuck Ashley why do you stay with Ashley?" She asked making me stumble from her false accusation. "Huh?" I asked bewildered. "You heard me! I saw you two going at it a few months ago. Ashley didn't deny either. I'm happy for your guys though" Maddie said shrugging her shoulders. "First off, that was nearly a year ago and it wasn't me. It was her boyfriend's brother, Greg. Second, I haven't touched that girl since I had sex with Koby. I wouldn't do that to her. Last, Koby is going to be my wife one day. I need my family to get on board with it" I said pivoting to walk away. "You can't be serious?" Maddie asked with a disappointed look on her face.

I ignored her question and drive away. Maddie seriously thought I was still having sex with Ashley. I can't believe Ashley didn't admit to it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though.

I planned to propose to Koby for Christmas. We are young and I wanted a long engagement but at least she would know I was serious. I needed help though.

"How are you, Ms. Monroe?" I asked through the phone. "I'm doing well, Noah. What's going on?" She asked. "Is it a bad time?" I asked nervously. "I'm at work but I'm in the break room. You have 2 minutes" she chuckled. "Well, um" I trailed nervously. "Spit it out son" she demanded. "I wanted to ask you if you were okay with me marrying Koby. I want to ask her on Christmas Day. If she wants a long engagement I'm happy with that too" I admitted. "I-I, you guys are so young," she said on the other end. "I know but I love your daughter with everything in me. She is my sun, moon, and stars" I said sounding like a postcard. "Look, it's up to Koby. I cannot answer for her. If my daughter accepts your ring then you've already won me over" she said sounding genuinely happy. "Yes ma'am! Thank you!" I shouted. "Don't thank me yet. Let's see if she accepts. I really have to get back to work. Good luck!" She replied hanging up the phone.

I messed up last year after allowing Victoria to suck me off in a dark corner in the club. I've carried that with me for much too long. Koby doesn't need to know of my weak time where I damn near three away everything we worked so hard for. Our relationship is far from perfect but we've always figured out a way to make everything work out for the best. Making her my wife when the day comes will be one the happiest in my life.

ASHLEY's POV

Rick and I broke up a couple of months ago after I found out he had been cheating on me. I'm glad he didn't find out I had slept with his brother, Greg on the side of their house. It was getting crazy and har dot hide because his brother wasn't exactly subtle about his advances. I had a moment of weakness only because I had it bad for Noah and he was the closest I could get. Now, I'm focused on school and getting back in good graces with Noah. If I could only get Greg off my back. I blocked his number and on social media. This crazy son of a bitch just creates a fake page telling me how he can't get me off of his mind and how he's willing to leave his wife and kids behind me. I knew then I made a grave mistake. I didn't even know the poor bastard was married. He never acted as if he was and I never asked. I needed to rope Maddie in on my forever going scheme.

"Maddie, we need to meet for lunch this week," I said as soon as she answered the phone. "Okay, what up?" she asked as if she was just waking up. "Now that I've been single for a while I was hoping to win Noah back. I've been lost without him grounding me" I admitted. "I'm sure I could set you guys up. I could make him think he was having lunch with me but he ends up meeting you instead" Maddie said sounding like a mastermind. "YES! I can do that. Just let me know the time and place. So, are you and Noah on speaking terms again?" I asked. "We have an interesting relationship" she laughed.

I never told Maddie that it wasn't Noah she saw screwing my brains out last holiday. I wish it were him because Greg can't hold a candle to Noah in or out of the bedroom. It was best that Maddie didn't look at me as the person who screws brothers but rather sees me as an ally. Besides, she's known him her whole life. It was her who introduced us when she was just a kid herself. This just might work in both of our favors.