Chapter Four: New Dorm

After the feast we all followed our prefects to our house dorms. Slytherins was in the dungeon and actually went under the black lake.

When we got to the entrance our perfect Marcus flint gave us the password to get in our common room.

"Right everybody listen up I'm only gonna say this once so if you don't remember it it's up to you to figure it out got it." He said sternly. 

"Our passwords are chosen by our house and reset each month this month it's 'pure-blood' got it, good".

We all trailed in after flint as he walked through the concealment charm hiding the dorm from any prying eyes.

The common room is a long, low-ceilinged, dungeon-like room filled with a skull on display above the carved mantelpiece on the fireplace. There were black leather sofas and black high back chairs seated at the round dark oak tables. The walls were made out of stone and had a rough complexion. The lights emitted a hue of green light from the hanging lamps. Overall it looked very fancy and medieval.

The common room itself was decorated in intricate emerald greens and silver banners hung around the place the silver serpents enchanted to move and sliver on the banners.

There was a set of stair cases on the right hand side of the fire place that led to our dorm rooms the boys were up and to the left and the girls were the same but on the right. Luckily as I was in Slytherin we had our own dorm rooms and didn't have to share so I had my own little private space to write letters to my dad when I wanted to.

Me and Pansy looked in awe around the common room and both of us giggled as we went to find our dorms. Luckily pansy's dorm was only two doors down from mine and that allowed us to easily get to each other's dorm whenever we wanted to talk or gossip in private.

Me and Pansy helped each other to sort out our trunks that had already been delivered to our dorm rooms and we successfully together managed to get everything put away neatly and also managed to go through our time tables for our classes. Luckily we had a fair few together as there weren't many first year Slytherins.

My Timetable

Monday
1st Period- DADA
2nd Period- Charms
3rd Period- Free
4th Period- Flying
Lunch
5th Period- Free

Tuesday
1st period- Potions
2nd Period- Free
3rd Period- Charms
4th Period- Free
Lunch
5th Period- History of Magic

Wednesday
1st period- Free
2nd Period- Herbology
3rd Period- Free
4th Period- Potions
Lunch
5th Period- Transfiguration

Thursday
1st period- Flying
2nd Period- Transfiguration
3rd Period- Astronomy
4th Period- Free
Lunch
5th Period- Potions

Friday
1st period- Astronomy
2nd Period- Free
3rd Period- History of Magic
4th Period- Herbology
Lunch
5th Period- DADA

Saturday
No lessons

Sunday
No lessons

And with that both of us headed into our separate dorms to get some sleep ready for our first day of lessons.